Chapter 6

Watching her from the corner of my eye while she looked over the many books, every one of the council members watched her closely. As if she was about to attack, which I didn't doubt. She could overpower each one of them with ease and yet she was skimming books without a care in the world. Glancing at her from the corner of my eye, my dragon in my lap, I took in her peculiar appearance.

         She was so pale, and her eyes, oh her eyes were the strangest things I have seen in my life. One was a vibrant purple that I swear I saw clock hands and even numbers in, while the other was a blend of so many colors yet red held strong, it looked so much like... An abyss. A black hole really. Her pin-straight pitch-black hair was smooth and silky in its race down her back, practically past her hips. It was crazy long and actually looked as if it was pulling the color around her into the void that was her hair color, the only thing restraining it being the goggles covered in spikes that were pulled back- resting atop her head.

        My eyes hit the table a second before I felt her gaze shift to me. I couldn't help it, curiosity eating away at me and practically forcing me to look up. I just had to see if her eyes really were what I thought they were.

        Their overall shape somehow held a sharp and thin shape, her long lashes shielding those strange eyes of hers. Oh yeah. A clock and a black hole. Looking back down at the table, her face flashing in my mind I chewed on my lip. She had a high nose and thing brows, her lips small but full, with two beauty marks, one placed just under her mouth and the other next to her nose. She couldn't be more than ten years older than me but she just gave off this aura of maturity and fluidity.

        Glancing at her again I found she was staring at my dragon, I took the chance to look at her bold outfit. She wore a practically skin-tight outfit that covered nearly every inch of her. With a cream and brown corset worn outside of her black body suit, her chest swelling from above the tight cinching of her thin waist, the fanning of her hips showing off the strange leather straps on the side of her corset. Hooks latching the front.

          It truly was unlike any corset I had seen before.

That body suit of hers was hugging her like a second skin, hooking over her thumb all the while climbing her neck, tight but apparently not chokingly so, and hiding under what looked to be a collar. Some sort of metal mask with large strange circles on the side hung from her neck just the same. It was wrapped in spikes. Which, in my personal opinion, seemed excessive and even dangerous.

           She had so many pockets and pouches not to mention the countless vials strapped onto every possible place they could be. I mean, come on, she has an entire belt that was just full of vials, not even an inch away from each other, that wrapped around her hips not once but twice, not even straight, but rather a lazy zigzag. It did seem convenient but was obviously overkill.

        Between that vial belt of hers, was a completely different belt with numerous pouches on it attached. Matching thick bracelets, which honestly reminded me of leather gauntlets but weren't quite that, swallowed her entire wrists and half her forearms hiding half that clingy black cloth over her arms.

       More vials wrapped around the joint of her wrist over her weird gauntlet bracelets in a similar fashion to that of her belt. However, her trousers were the most confusing things she wore, they were tight but loose, clearly hugging her but at the same time, you could see the extra folds of the fabric. 

        Let's not forget, more pockets.

       They climbed down her legs and around her hips, even with those leather bags strapped to her sides you could see them. The bags looked to be hooked onto the belt with many pouches even still they were strapped onto her thighs suggesting that was how they were held.