Chapter 29

"Rise and shine freak show~" Was the only thing I heard before my door was quite literally kicked in and my dragon both pepper-sprayed and netted. "Wow, three of them~" Glaring at them I scowled from under my blanket.

            Alex's jumping having been what actually woke me while Ari jolted from the desk she probably didn't mean to fall asleep on. I was forcefully pulled into a sitting position before cold water was splashed in my face. The other two getting very similar treatment by those I doubt they hated nearly as much as I hated her.

            With a slow deep breath, I opened my eyes and stared at her for a long while. I knew something like this was going to happen but I didn't know she would be the one to do it. Or that she'd do it like that. At least I'm awake, which was probably the point of the water, as she seemed to have learned that I will fight back and I will draw blood.

           I don't need to win. Just piss her off.

            Snapping my fingers, the dragon disappeared from the net and a summoning circle glowed before me- but with no dragon in sight. Falling face-first into the net suspending between them without a worry for the dragon I knew to be there. "You know, everyone else at least screamed," She sighed.

           "Doubt," I grunted, I wasn't the only one that knew it was coming after all. Boot camp, that is. The absolute best way to end the first trimester.

          They didn't remove me from the net while they marched out of my room, half of Ari's questions being answered but she seemed just about as aware as I was. Which wouldn't be shocking as I would not be alright had they not told the foreign girl, who's part of a reclusive clan that is very wary around others, of the perfectly safe kidnapping.

             Alex was a little confused but took our calm reactions as a safety signal and just followed after the one escorting him with a yawn and a rub of the eyes. They weren't the only ones to follow too, the nearly silent footsteps of my clawless beast, who was thankfully keeping its hatred of others in check, being drowned out by the countless that had apparently been sent to my room.

             It was actually quite the confidence booster to find they thought they needed eight different trained professionals to deal with little old me. Though had that pepper-spray done anything but distract it I'm sure they wouldn't have sent nearly enough. I am not ashamed to say I don't want to ever know what would happen had it been capable of feeling pain.

         "You're really not gonna struggle? Like at all? Not even a little? I was prepared to take you at your worth," She pouted like a child right next to my face while I just gave her a deadpanned stare just so she would know how much of an idiot I felt she was. She just sighed finding I was not going to give her any other reaction. "Honestly though kid, you're gonna wish you were in my team by the end of the day,"

             Oh yes, emotional comfort. Because I care with all my being- no, with every atom in existence. "Okay, you don't need to look at me like that, you're not going to see your favorite teacher for a whole week, and word of the wise, it's best to think you're really going to die here, you got the worst person."

            Glancing as Ari and Alex were swept off by two people I took note, "If being with your team means you're at risk, leave, you'll have a better chance alone than with a useless party, it doesn't matter that this is a team exercise,"

         "You talk way too much." She paused in her spew to give me a flat look which earned a lazy smirk in response.

          "Remember the part where I am older than you and your teacher brat? I am still fully capable of screwing you over. This guy was called in because we didn't have enough hands- and even if we did, they wouldn't be qualified to deal with your whole freakshow thing you've got going on. Newbies don't know anything, wanna know what that means? I could tell him about you and your almost cute friend,"