Chapter 2

I was lost after the first ten minutes of my exploring, I did conveniently find a map though, which was great. Until I found another completely different map. Followed by another and another and another. What in blazen is this?

     Squinting at the latest map with scrunched eyebrows, I tried to figure out why they hated me so very much. Why did it have to be so confusing, couldn't it just be a normal school that didn't loathe everyone that dared go near? With a heavy sigh, finding no reason for continued resentment, I pulled off one of my many necklaces and held the crystal up at the proper distance.

          Mumbling the stupid command, "Capture portrait," I took yet another image, grumbling as I wrapped the twine around my wrist, getting tired of having to pull it off and on my neck, I continued to wander. Taking more and more photos of different maps. Every single one of them different leaving me to drown in confusion.

        I am not ashamed to admit, I ended up crying in the corner like a child, completely overwhelmed by literally everything this place stood for. Though, as a bonus, I learned that if you click on one of your classes they tell you where they were. And these bracelets are one hundred percent snot proof. A fun little experiment that was.

        Sniffling I grunted, wiped my cheek, and looked for what was mentioned in the directions. It gave me the room, wing, building, and teacher as well as simple directions but it had no clue where I was either. So, I was left to find something familiar and move from there.

          My feet hurt, my legs were practically on fire, and my face was heavy, my eyes were practically swollen shut. I'm not sure I'll actually be able to do this. Sighing I rubbed my eye, sluggishly bringing myself to the wall, the plate embedded beside saying this was indeed the class I was looking for. Digging through my bag lazily, I found the small case and pulled out the needle.

        Pricking my finger I drew a circle and placed one of my smaller crystals in the middle, holding my bloody finger in my mouth, sniffling the chant, "I need what I seek, allow me a peek, bind thy place, without a trace," I waited for the small flash that meant it was successfully imprinted. I wasn't good enough at blood magic to not have to imprint it on something, but I work with what I've got.

       Chants were way harder to control than one would think, so the easier the chant, the higher the chance of it working. Not to mention the fact this is usually used for moving targets with a minor tweak to the chant. Tracking spells were useful beyond their original purpose after all. Most spells were. Yet no one wanted to talk about it because it was 'blasphemous' and 'an insult to the gods that created them.'

         I continued to bind the location for each of the classes I had, different libraries, locations, and since my fingers already hurt I ended up running through the libraries and marking genres. Drawing the last one, my finger resting in my mouth once more as the crystal imprinted and the bell rang I shivered in horror, having gotten caught in the hall between my classes.

         I was nearly killed.

        Tramped to death was not the way I wanted to go. Pulling the crystal away from the circle as it finished imprinting, I glanced away from the blood that simmered and steamed, disappearing from sight while I look at what appeared to be a sleeping first year.

       I could tell us apart from those monsters already. Sighing I ruffled my wild hair, equally tired but not willing to sleep in the open. Trudging my way to the dorms I was left asking equally clueless newbies if they knew where the watcher was, eventually, not soon enough, I did find her.

        "Oh? Your room?" She hummed while I nodded, ready to pass out. Looking over my offered card she smiled, running her hands through the many many keys on her equally vast amount of keyrings. "You've got one of the only singles given your... Abnormalities, here you are dear."

       I'm assuming her words were due to that of a safety issue variety because if I don't, I'll have to admit there's magic discrimination here, and I really don't want to deal with that right now. Taking my card and key I gave a tired wave, really hoping that it was just that. Really really hoping it was just that.

       The numbers on the doors making it relatively simple to find my room, when I did, I paused to look at the beaten up door praying it wasn't so bad inside. It was. With a deep breath, I looked over the old dusty room before rubbing my temple and just tossing my bag in the corner. Rolling up my sleeves I glared at the mess just wanting to sleep away the bad day.

          Mom, Dad, I don't think I'll be lasting long...