Chapter 5

Incoming, Vixen, I repeat, incoming, Vixen! Here be the beast enjoy her while you can.

         Groaning as I rolled onto my side I ignored the crunching of glass as I  tried to snuggle back into the divine being called sleep

         Groaning as I rolled onto my side I ignored the crunching of glass as I tried to snuggle back into the divine being called sleep. not needing to be awake yet. Wait. Crunching of glass? My eyes snapped open as I looked around my once clean room to find it covered in glass, shattered and shaped, smooth and sharp, colorful and clear. Glass of all sorts lying around my room, some even hanging from my ceiling. I mean. I had a chandelier. Scratching my head as it looked vaguely familiar.

           I may have seen that in my dream. I can't really remember what it was about...

        I mean, Miss H did say having a burst in your sleep was a normal thing so... Whatever, I'm going back to sleep, I'll deal with this later; when I'm not hurting so much. Grunting I fell back onto my pillow and went to close my eyes only to scream as something moved. Flying off my bed I miraculously fell into a glass chair- wait, that wasn't there a second ago.

        Shrieking again as I bolted away from it and was quickly tripping over some huge fish. Stumbling before I barely managed to catch myself on some peg. That wasn't there before. Releasing it I quickly scrambled away breathing heavily as I tried to figure out what was happening. Magic. My magic. I'm freaking out over my own magic- then the blanket moved again. And whatever that is.

              With my back firmly pressed against the door, I was reminded why I had started my fit to begin with. Something had moved under my blankets. Okay, yeah, no, I'm going to just-

           Plucking my uniform off my desk, which wasn't far from me, I quickly changed, while staring in the direction of the moving blanket. Only to lurch away from my bed fumbling for the doorknob. Once I had found it, with a glance, I threw open my door when it struck me.

        My necklaces... Looking at the many crystals hanging from my headboard I nearly died of shock. Do I need it? Yes, very much so. But do I really? Yes. Really really? Unfortunately.

        Well, gods, I might as well die today. Moving around the stuff I apparently created I slowly reached over the still moving blanket and carefully raised the necklace before just as slowly pulling it away. Letting out a breath of relief as I pulled it on I turned to leave, only to fall right on the bed, the blanket being forced off and the thing moving beneath it free.

           Oh my stars... Did I make that?

           "Miss Windsor! Please slow down!" Miss H, the only other glass mage in hundreds of miles, shouted as I dragged her to my room, having no idea who else to grab. I mean, she was part of the council wasn't she? And she has glass magic so she's got to know what to do. She had given me so many lectures in the last week about magic this magic that. She had to know.