Chapter 18

"Well-" She grinned and slapped my blade away- "Aren't you spirited today, you usually slack off as much as possible,"

           Tsking as the so-called professor hooked my blade and forced it from my hand, sending it flying, I didn't dwell on it and kicked her in the chest. Sprinting to my blade I snatched the sword from the ground with a roll, her having caught up and swinging for my head like that won't hurt even with dull blades.

          I couldn't get a single hit. Why couldn't I get a single hit?!

          Grinding my teeth I twisted around her incoming blade and swung for her back. Her elbow just pulled back sharply, slamming into my hand and forcing the blade out of my grip once more as I hissed but caught it in my other hand. Without hesitation, I went straight up targeting her arm.

      She, however, easily pulled her arm across her back, escaping the hit and moving in for a counter swiftly. Firmly hitting me in the ribcage and forcing me back with a stumble. Pain rushed to what I'm sure was already a bruise but I didn't get even a second to recover, her sword already crashing into my spine and forcing my front to find the filthy floor.

          Moving to push myself up I grunted as my arms trembled and chest heaved but before I could get to my feet she stomped on the hand wrapped around my short sword. Crying out I couldn't help but release the blade- her own sword framing my neck.

            "You've gotten unexpectedly good at this in only a week, where was this passion last month? You could have easily been at the top of the class if you had this enthusiasm from the beginning," Glaring up at her I didn't comment and rubbed my wrist. She wasn't a nice teacher. Not at all. She only gave tips before and after. She beat you between.

          She broke my arm yesterday. You can imagine how happy my personal healer was. Grumbling about the support who has been refusing to let me spar with those in my class because 'you expect to keep up with them? With your strength? Okay, yeah, sure, what are you going to do? Wow them with your skills?' Mind you, she was laughing when she said that.

           "Do you know much about daggers?" I asked changing the subject. She rested her sword on her shoulder and lazily twirled it while staring down at me.

           "In general or, like, how good am I with them?" Why is that even a question?

            "How good are you at using them," I grunted pushing myself to my feet before rolling my wrist, my hand pulsing with a vengeance. And a boot print.

              "Uh..." Looking up she raised her brows and whistled softly, "I guess I'd be decent? I mean, the support school I went to wasn't nearly as demanding with being versatile, you just stuck with what you were good at, and I only had to pass that unit so there wasn't ever a need to master it," She shrugged hooking my blade with her boot and kicking up. Catching it with ease she raised both brows at it. "This is weighted. Why is this weighted?"

           "Fastest way to get stronger," I sighed cracking my back with a moan. Already feeling the bruises and hearing the grief I was going to get.

            "Woah, woah, woah, wait, are you telling me you did all that with a weighted sword? The entire period?" She asked with a bewildered laugh, I just gave her a look, not in the mood to deal with whatever mocking she was about to do.

            "I don't need your sarcasm today, it's demeaning enough that I couldn't hit you once," Her brows shot up and her head shook slightly, her brows quickly knitting together as an unbelieving smile pulled at her lips.