Chapter 7

She kidnapped the time elite. I'm not kidding. She just upped and kidnapped one of the greatest sorcerers alive. With nothing but an ominous statement and a grin to match. One second she was giving me a stack of books that had my will to live shrink to an all-time low, then she disappeared, reappearing in front of him with a different grin and repeating the action, only, taking him with her. 

        The elites went into chaos not even a second later simply trying to find her. Miss H did bother to pause in her panic to tell me to go to my room. With all the books. So, ready to accept my fate of an honorable but meaningless death I took the six trips that the mountain of books demanded of me and piled them on my bed. My room being covered in glass and all.

        With a sigh, my shoulders sagging and body draining of all hope I took in the mess, wishing it away but sadly, it remained. Praying that I wouldn't have to make this a habit I rolled up my sleeves and grabbed the broom in my closet. Halfway through my second break, a soft knock came from my door. And, horrifying as it was to find no one anywhere near the hall I happened to be placed in the middle of, I was grateful to find two large barrels leaning against the wall.

          With something to put the growing pile in, I heaved a heavy sigh, not even partially done but far too tired to bring myself to do anymore. It had been hours but I could hardly see the difference. So, not caring enough, I dropped the mountain of books in the only part of the room free of glass. 

        The corner quickly filled, my stomach roaring and body aching, despite the agony that was being awake I thought of the one thing that made all this worth it. 

       Having my bed free of books. Being able to sleep. The fact I was a creature that slept to begin with.

           With a blissful sigh, my priorities now straight, I finished the last stack and properly fell face-first into my bed. Immediately falling asleep, that ominous statement of hers the last thing to run through my mind.

        Oh, and kid, I'd keep the heat running through you in, you don't want to see what happens to 'heroes'.

         Once upon a time, there was a teacher. One who had never shown up on time, and so, thinking she was safe, the unsuspecting girl slept in a little too late. The rush of the day before far too straining. On that day, the one day she had barely missed the bell, the wicked teacher had shown up not only on time but early.

         Now, the innocent girl deprived of sleep and edible food was harshly scolded for daring to do such a bold thing. Apparently, disrespecting not only her teachers, school, and parents but the gods themselves. The stars, and I quote, 'were weeping in anguish at the betray' that was being less than five minutes late.

        After that whole... Exchange, I was commanded to take a supplement class after bathing and completing selfstudy. I wanted to cry at the idea alone but because my only day off was in fact already booked out with the stupid recovery classes I only had so much of my day free. So I just didn't get to rest.

         What made it even worse was the fact that the same horrifically painful pace from last week was kicking in my door and demanding my freaking skin as a sacrifice and it wasn't like just half the period. No, no, no. It was the entire period. Knowledge was shoved down my throat at a rate that was impossible to keep up with, easily overwhelming the weak-willed. Which I happened to be a part of, only, the moment you started crying, the teachers would kick you out and you'd be stuck with a recovery class. So I couldn't even cry. That continued in every class without exception.

       But something was different- other than the teachers being on time that is. Anyway. They gave out a lot of sugar cube wannabes and things too big to be pills but too small to be a snack of any sort. I, obviously, was skeptical first period. You think I'm just gonna let these people, whom I don't know, possibly drug me? No. Nuh-uh. Screw that.

        However, I did waver upon third period. What could they possibly do to me that was worse than the torture they thought was teaching?

         By the time fourth period rolled around, it was as if I wasn't heavily sleep-deprived nor profoundly overworked. I then started shoving it in my face without shame. The small cubes no longer the end joint of my thumb and just as wide tasted like vomit, I'm talking 'I just had a big glass of milk and for no reason ate exactly fifteen oranges' vomit but it was left out in the sun and dried only to be compressed into this small horrendous cube.

          Whereas the small eye-sized bites certainly reminded me of an eye in more than one way. It popped in your mouth if you were stupid enough to bite it. And trust me, you'll wish it damn well didn't. With the consistency of thick ink and taste of ten-year-old mold, you'll be lucky if you can keep it down the second time, let alone the first. Still, even with the issues that had me wanting to cut out my tongue, I still took as many as I was allowed to.

         I learned very quickly how to swallow the squishy orbs without popping them and to stick my tongue out when eating the small cubes. Don't be shy, shove that down your throat. It's better to gag being overly cautious than to taste it. Trust me.

        I can't even count how many times I vomited, be it the cruel blessings or the physical classes pushing me until I did just that. I will say, the mishaps with the repulsive creations had their actual food seem like childsplay. Other than that and the stress of dodging the other students when racing between classes, I'd say it went quite well.

        As if.

         Even with the buffs, I had hardly kept up in my academic classes let alone the physical ones. I had been trampled twice, learned that barfing can be worse, became the healer's most frequent visitor, figured out I definitely did not have a defense shield, drifted off in self-study and was punished for it, had to extend my supplement class because I was a fool to fall asleep in self-study, was forced to take a shower that was either scolding hot or freezing cold, and, worst of all, I got impaled in thaumaturgy- which, for your information, was just a fancy word for magic!

           This is worse than torture. How the blazen is this considered a place for learning? It's kill or be killed out here.