Chapter 10

"LILITH WINDSOR!" Came a familiar voice leaving me to freeze all the same. One was bad enough and he wasn't even mad. Just watching me with a cold interest, this one was pissed. "You were told not to use that sinister magic!" Oof, I couldn't even run. Rocking on my heels I held my elbow with a wince. 

          Of course, it had to be the fire elite out of all of them. He made his way over with a rough speed walk, his stomping childish and fuming unnecessary. "You will not be using it again," He growled, very much so in my face, while I looked to the teachers who were suddenly focusing on other students who were all also suddenly very interested in their fights.

         Wow. Ouch. Just gonna throw me into dragon's den, are you? That's harsh.

        "I just thought... It's magic class so, you know, it- it'd be fine," I cringed at the cracking of my voice, his nose practically touching my cheek as he grew closer. His eyes burning with a fiery of no meaning. Like, come on dude, I get that I'm not that good at controlling it but this is literally the place you go to fix that.

          I wasn't even sparring. Talk about being dramatic.

          "You are to never use the magic that demon told you of. I'll turn you to ashes if I catch you doing it again, do you hear me?" Oh, oof times two, damn dude. You just had to go and threaten me in front of so many people? Come on, I know you aren't that much older than me but you still are and you happen to be an elite. Grow up. I don't need your harassment.

          "I said did you hear me?" How could I not? You are literally in my face.

          "... I'll be more careful," I mean, I'm totally not listening to you but I should at least be shaking in my boots here. I'd normally be running for my life but more than anything I'm biting my tongue. 

         Mismatched eyes and an accompanying grin danced through my head, a manic laughter bouncing around with the thought of that wild attitude followed soon after. Okay. Well. She's definitely far more frightening but still, one scary person isn't going to make me immune to every other one. Like, the earth elite was still a terrifying person so why do I just get tantrum vibes every time this bastard opens his mouth?

       Though, in all honesty, I could live my life without ever meeting her again. She gives me major creeps.

         His glare lingered before hardening at the yawning dragon purring as it rubbed against my leg. Holding my snort, the damn thing really the cheekiest creature in existence, I cleared my throat and curled my lips into my mouth in an attempt to hide my smile.

       This is an elite that just threatened your life. This is an elite that just threatened your life. This is an elite that just threatened your life. This is an elite that just threatened your life-

          "You are and will always only be that of a glass mage," With that, he stomped off.  Watching him leave I continued to stare for a long moment the smile I had tried to hide unmoving and gaze flat. Woooow. So it is true. Fantastic.

            "Did you hear that?" I asked turning my gaze to the dragon who just rubbed its head against my stomach with a light growl. "I agree," I hummed sliding my hand under its sleek jaw. "Why don't we continue? One doesn't get better by standing around,"

          Spikes shot out of its smooth spine and down its long tail, claws jolting from its feet, jagged fangs following just the same. Growling it bared its teeth and flicked its tail. "Yes, yes, I know," I smiled sharply, heat rushing through my arms and hands catching the daggers expectingly, completely ignoring his demands. "We'll just have to show him there is no 'only' when describing us,"

        I wasn't allowed to use my animans magic in class nor mention it by the next day, so, with my dragon following after me, I took to the library in my spare time. Had to learn it one way or another.

          Skimming the shelves using my stones as a guide I sighed finding no new information. The most I've gotten being from the books Vixen had given me. None of which in a language I knew. Or my professors. Tapping my fingers on the shelf before me, my gaze wandering to the perfects section I glanced at the librarian. 

          Finding him waking some poor first year I began my way over silently. Looking around inconspicuously I reached for the gate only to jump. "I wouldn't try that if I were you." My eyes snapped to the drow laying on the ground surrounded by books, one laying over his face and his hands resting under his head.

          "It's covered in barrier magic, you'd get yourself killed without a shield of your own," He peeked from under the book he wasn't reading. Blinking in surprise I glanced at the librarian again. Still harassing first years. "Oh, I can't get you in if that's what you're thinking, even with a shield that level of defense magic just shatters it and you end up in the medical wing slapped with a suspension,"

          "... How do you get in?" I asked crouching behind one of the large stacks of books. He snorted returning the book to hide his eyes from the crystals hanging above.

          "Haven't the slightest of clue, only the perfects can go in there, do I look like a perfect?" Only the perfects? So they have some kind of key on them? I wonder what it is. "Oh me oh my, you look like you're plotting. Do share. If you can get in there I will not hesitate to rat on you unless you tell me how," He smirked.

          "... I don't know but if they get in then that means it's not completely closed, you can get in with a condition," I sighed, the clanging of metal meeting my ears and my head snapping to the side. My dragon climbing the gate. "Or, one could always use magic, it seems it doesn't nullify magic," I grinned while he sat up, lifting his face free of the book.

           "You're walking around with that? Didn't you get chewed out by the fire elite?" He asked not overly interested.

         "Oh, definitely, but I'm not using my magic. It just so happened to have followed me, I didn't do anything,"