Chapter 35

My eyes were heavy, the voices, however, were loud. Groggily fighting against my lids, finding two arguing boys, both of which I knew, I lazily looked around, but no one else in sight. Only trees. "Do you think I don't want to get her back?! Huh?!? I don't even know where we are Alex! We can't move her! You'll risk killing her! She needs to rest!"

         "Rest?! She's got a fever! If we don't get her to a healer then she really will die! This isn't up for debate! I've let you have your way! And she's been sleeping for four days! Four days Adrian! It's a miracle she's still breathing!"

        "Where...?" My voice was weak and scratchy yet they both froze at it, their gazes snapping at me in relief.

        "I- we don't know," Adrian answered, both rushing to my side as I looked around. This looks familiar. Where have I seen it? Ugh, my head hurts.

       "... I'm cold," I called, yet, I felt sticky. I felt like I was sweating. They looked at each other, both rushing to pull off their shirts, looking down I found myself wrapped in three jackets. Soon enough I had shirts getting pulled over even those. "Can I have some water Alex?" I asked softly, trying to wet my mouth and failing, my body heavy.

       "Yeah, yeah of course," He gently helped me lean up, easily calling the magic, taking a drink of the floating water I couldn't help but cough.

         "I'm tired," I moaned, my eyes heavy, shouting finding my ears yet the darkness finding me easily.

             Flinching I groaned and turned into the warmth, murmurs finding my ears a second later as my eyes fluttered open. To a very concerned face. I yawned sitting up only to shiver, "It's cold," I shuttered looking at the healer- who had struck me. Blinking as my face stung I opened my mouth before closing it, my eyes teary as I looked back at the man who was now standing above me, glaring.

         "Your core's closed off, you show up with a fever, with an infection, after nearly a week of being missing?! You-! Everyone thought you were as good as dead!" Staring at him with wide eyes, my hand on my hot cheek, his glare growing as he clicked his tongue and stomped out. Watching in shock I looked around, suddenly finding a herd of professors around me. Some being elites.

        "I- I..." I tried to form a sentence, yet what came out next was not what I wanted, "Did you tell my dad?" I asked quietly, my brows furrowing as I flinched, my arm stinging. Looking down I found a long and very rough cut that was almost completely scarred over, like a carriage I was hit with a flood of memories. The white stag is prominent, sharp blue magic dancing between its antlers, crackling around the mana stones attached to silver chains. Sparkling as if it was the sun with glowing blue eyes.

        Yet, despite what I knew it looked like, all I could remember was the cold sharp feeling of its grin as it had used me as a means to our world. It used me to summon itself. And it had the audacity to hide that hideous and sharp grin behind an elegant face leaving only me with the sight burned into my brain.

        Holding my face, my grip tight enough to scratch myself my hands were suddenly ripped from my face. My wide and wet eyes met the startled and concerned gaze of Miss H. "Don't let it come back- please, don't- I can't- I can't do that again. I didn't- that wasn't what I wanted to happen! I just- I just wanted to pass! I- please! Don't let it come back!" I begged, roughly grabbing her arms and dropping my head. Staring at the ground, gasping for breath.

       "Li-Lilith, you're hurting me," She said softly, no, strained, and suddenly I had jolted back, staring at her startled at the words.