Chapter 36

"Are you okay?!" Ari asked, her arms around me as her colors were dull in worry. Nodding, I kicked my legs and drank the juice I was given while dad asked me to step outside.

        "I'm good, I feel better after seeing my dad," I hummed with a smile, my core having been fixed with a few mana stones he had brought with him because 'he had a feeling'.

         "A-are we not going to talk about the yelling?" Alex asked, staring at the med room behind me while I looked up at him.

         "Apparently the headmaster doesn't tell our parents when we get hurt." He blinked at me before his eyes widened and he looked back to the door, easily gathering what I meant.

       "Does that mean your dad isn't mad at you?" Adrian asked, dropping to my other side. The shouting definitely loud, as well as the crashing and on occasion screaming.

       "No, he has a holy beast summons so he came to see if I was okay after summoning one," I shrugged, humming as James screamed about it being ordered and how he couldn't just go against an elite as he pleased. "Oh, he was kinda upset that I haven't been sending him letters? Well, he seemed to calm down after he got my medical records so,"

        "Calmed down?" Glancing at Ari, who was staring at the door in horror, I nodded.

        "He's not mad at me," I shrugged taking a drink of juice. A long silence followed. Not even just out here. Blinking I looked at the door as it clicked open. Dad walked out with a frown and crossed arms.

        "Calling the bloody king, who does he think he is?" He rolled his eyes before looking back at where he knew I would be. Blinking in surprise having not expected more people he smiled. "Hello, I'm Lilith's less attractive parent, oh, speaking of attractive, your mother said she was sorry she couldn't come, but, well, all things considered, it was best that she didn't,"

      "Yep, so, how long is my break?" I asked still sitting while my legs kicked, Adrian's arm, which was around my shoulders, getting a very long stare, that was, until it removed itself from my shoulders.

       "I suppose a month? Unless you would like it any different, make it as short as you like, as long as you like, I couldn't care less just be back before the end of the term, oh, right," I could see Alex's finger twitch from the corner of my eye, "Edward, the little brat, will be contacting me over what we've agreed to be a major injury from now on, and James did get a pass as my sweet girl does have mana unrivaled by anyone else," He smiled ruffled my hair, hand lingering with the white lock for a second longer, looking to my face as I gave a gentle shake of the head, his grip tightening but not pulling before giving a slow close-eyed smile. Having clearly gathered as much as I had. "Don't let your mother know about your face, yes?" He poked my nose with a sugary sweet smile.

      "Can't grow new skin, tried," I hummed taking the edge of his tailcoat in my hand knowing he was going to leave already.

       "Mmm, I suppose that makes sense, however, if I tell her I will be getting divorced," he hummed considering, having halted at my gentle grasp.

        "If you don't tell her even though you know?" I returned, the mocking glare thrown at me childish in comparison to what I know his real one to look like.

          "Also divorced, how tragic, however do I avoid this, my dear?" Smiling as he walked right back to me, roughly slamming his foot between me and Adrian, who jumped away very quickly even if we weren't acknowledging them, dad would definitely not forget them. Especially one so close.

        "Tell her not even the king could cool your temple upon finding out,"

        "Oh, you know she wouldn't believe that, I love my money more than your face." It was more of a twitch this time. My gaze remained on Alex for a long second, his glare a harsh one but not one that dad would even care to look at.

       "Oh, but he didn't offer you money, he likes elites after all,"

        "Cute, however, I am more than just Edward's upperclassman,"

        "Hmmm," Thinking about it I held my chin and leaned back, Dad smiling and quirking a brow. Letting me think of something he didn't believe would help his case. Knowing I was merely stalling for an extra minute or two.

         "Well, little one?"

         "Vixen," I smiled, his very own smile disappearing at the name. "She came to see me, you know, I've made a dragon of my magic and it was quite startling to all the elites, they got really mad about it," I poked his nose in return, a long less than pleasant hum leaving his lips. My stalling having been a bonus to what I wanted.

        "Well then, money is definitely not enough to stop me over such a thing, now, I will be back," With that, he removed his foot from between me and Adrian and turned right back into the room. James getting thrown out like a kitten, eyes wide. Falling on his bottom, he looked back inside before looking at me in fear.

        "What did you say to him?" I was already leaning back, staring at the ceiling while my legs kicked. Shouting starting very quickly.

         "Nothing much, but, you know, I've felt a lot of pain here, but I only have so much I can do, right?" I smiled just as a startled shout found my ears. "Might as well make it a little more even, anyway, I get a whole week off! Imma go sleep," I hummed hopping to my feet, moving to leave only for Alex caught my arm.

        "Lilith-"

        "No," I smiled, patting his chest, not at all in the mood. So, with that, I skipped back to my room humming. A nap sounding very nice.