Chapter 11

It's great knowing I can get my dragon in it but I can't really follow after. Or see. My orders were too complicated it seemed so I was left thinking of a solution. How do I see what's happening over that gate?

          Staring at the dragon, who stared back, I tilted my head and it was quick to mimic me. It was magic. My magic. I had to have some kind of connection to it. I could give orders without saying anything and sure it doesn't always listen but it usually did. Plus I knew what it was saying without it being capable of speech.

           So, there had to be a connection. One, I was hoping, could let me see what it did. But I knew next to nothing about it, bringing me back to my original problem. The only idea coming to mind not one I wanted to do. I might get what I want, I might start a war. Who knows.

          Sighing I flopped onto my bed and stared at my ceiling. Such a stupid idea. Might as well do it. "Alright, you stay here for now," I said rolling onto my feet and giving it a pointed look when it went to follow me.

          Now, let's steal from the council and talk to an enemy of the kingdoms! 

         Sighing again I rubbed my face and grabbed my learning lockpick set, might as well study while I'm at it. 

         Hiding around the corner I found Miss H and the dean leave his office, "No matter how many times you say it, Edward, we can't do anything. He's a dual user," Peeking at them in surprise at the mention of a dual user. First Vixen now another one? More than one being alive was like being born with two heads.

       Not impossible but sure as hell unlikely. 

       "But for that family to have one? And they're pushing something so unrealistic onto us?" He sighed rubbing his eyes and holding the bridge of his nose. She nodded mutely looking at her paperwork, his attention drifting back to it while they disappeared down the hall and out of sight.

         That family? Pushing something?

         ... I so shouldn't have heard that. Licking my lips I looked around instead of addressing the curiosity in the back of my mind. Deal with that later. First, I have some crimes to commit.

        Sliding out from my hiding spot I rushed to the door and kneeled before it, quickly shimmying the tools inside the lock and struggling to unlock it I grunted looking around again. This is why I need a teacher! How am I supposed to know how to be a proper rogue if I don't have someone teaching me? My silent complaining stopped as a click rang through the quiet hall. Then a pair of footsteps.

         Leaping inside I quickly closed the door behind me, flicking the lock and looking around. Okay. Clear. Putting my ear to the door I faintly heard the footsteps pass and grinned. Success. Now to find the communication crystal of public enemy number one. Looking around the large office I found a lot of locks on an equal about of drawers. Well, maybe not a success just yet

         Blowing my wildly curly hair out of my face I glared at another drawer not having what I needed. Why does he have so many locks?! Huffing I raised my crystal and mumbled the capturing command. I was not opening these for nothing. I could be sleeping right now. But no. He had to have a million locks.

       Shoving it shut I forced the lock back on and moved to the next only to pause and blink in surprise. Was I done? But where was it? Looking around the room I made sure was the same as he left it I scratched the back of my head. What are the chances it's not in here?

         Gods. I'm gonna be so annoyed if I just did that for nothing.

        Tapping on his desk I looked around the office again, this time slower. Shelf after shelf, cabinet after cabinet. Nothing. Don't tell me I have to break into his room. Oh, that'd be the worst. Breaking in here for no reason and capturing highly confidential things without actually getting what I want would make me seem like a traitor.

            Uuuuuugggggghhhhh. This is stupid.

           Grumbling I flipped through his books having no other place to look. Most of them were boring, a few from the restricted section, and- Pausing I pulled the book I was putting back on out. Reaching behind I furrowed my brows having heard it for sure.

         You wouldn't seriously have a hidden door, would you? That'd be so stupid-

         Finding a string I let out a long sigh putting my forehead against the bookshelf in front of me. Pulling it, I waited for the expected room but instead was greeted with a tile sliding under the one I stood on. Alright, you get a pass, Edward. 

         Crouching, honestly done with this whole crime thing and wanting to sleep, I pushed the stuff inside around until I found just what I was looking for. The black cc. Stuffing it in my pocket I frowned lightly at how it didn't really fit. Maybe I should get pouches?

           Shrugging I moved to pull the stone back but glanced at the books stacked teasingly in the little cabinet. Gathering dust. Staring for a long moment I glanced at the door and grabbed them. Mana pools. Dragon Magic. Demon Adaption. Potions. Dual Wielders. Magic Weapons. Might as well. I can always bring them back later.

           Pulling the stone tile back in place I moved to go to the door but the knob wiggled. Oh, blazen. My eyes flew around the room as panic set in. I'll be branded a criminal. A traitor. I could be executed. My gaze found the small window at the top of his bookshelf. I was kicking off the chair to my left and climbing the shelf just as the door opened.

            "-Well yeah, she has to participate like everyone else but she should at least be taught potion brewing," The familiar voice did nothing to stop my sliding free of charges and out the window, though the next thing had me pausing, "She'll die out there without a shield and her magic... We need to give every student an equal opportunity,"

        I was the only one in the school without a shield. They were talking about me.

        "It is fair, all schools participate, she wouldn't be the only-"

        "But they've been trained properly, by people who don't restrict their magic and teach them how to use it," Oh snap.

         "... It is danger-"

         "What do you think you're here for? To sit and look pretty?" Go, Miss H.

         "Miss Hethersworth," He warned and she, unfortunately, listened, "... I will give her brewing opportunities but I will not be placing her in a third year's class just because you think it's unfair, that alone would be giving the other students a disadvanage- which you seem opposed to," Okay, this is great and all, I love listening to teachers bite each others' heads off, but my arm is starting to hurt.

          "You expect her to know how to brew without instruction? She could-"

          "I will also be bringing in one to teach her how to properly study her class, no other privileges will be granted," Oh stars, I'm gonna fall.

             "She could get herself k-"

             "We are done here councilmember Hethersworth,"

           "You can't seriously-"

           "I can and am, you are excused," Now now now now now now now. The dragon's summoning circle lit up the wall just as I lost my grip. Letting out a relieved sigh as I fell onto its back I slumped into the dragon who wasn't big enough to fly with me and simply glided to the grassy ground.

         Throwing my leg off the glossy dragon I ran my fingers from my elbow to my palms and hooked them, mumbling into my hands I watched the circle disappear with the dragon. The summoning canceled and my legs rushing to get me to my room as unsuspicious as possible.

         Let's never do this again.