Chapter 15

"Ahhh!? For the love of-" Glaring at the normal face, I got one right back. Weaker than usual but holding the routine irritation. Rubbing my head I tried to remember why I was waking up here this time. The image of that idiot of a dragon flashing in my mind and making me sigh. Right. That.

           "I don't know how you do it but you always, without fail, pull through," He shook his head while I rolled my shoulders gauging how bad it was.

           "Someone has to make sure you're doing your job," I hummed with a slanted smile, opening and closing my hands, his grip on my arm tightening but the usual bite nowhere to be found. He was being nice. Why?

           "... You've got severe scarring this time, I didn't think you'd actually have the gall to wake up," Blinking in surprise I covered my mouth in mock awe. "Don't look at me like that- Shut up, I wasn't worried about you I was worried about what your visitors would do to me if you didn't wake up," 

          Looking behind him I found I did indeed have visitors. Waiting outside but not at all hiding. That's half the council. Why are they...? Oh sh- I blew up the building. ... I shouldn't have been harassing others in my mind. This is totally on me.

        "You don't look shocked," He stated flatly, releasing me and writing in my personal medical book. Got one of those a week into school. Makes me feel special.

       "Come back if blisters and peeling of the skin continue, I'd say pain too but with the severity of your burns, I doubt you'd feel much of it. If dizziness and nausea becomes present immediately seek assistance and report to me. If you have shortness or difficulty breathing same thing, report to me, in the instance of a fever immediately seek assistance and report to me," He droned on half-heartedly while I just raised my brows in surprise. This is the longest list so far.

         "One more thing- If I ever have to perform surgery on you before healing again, you will not be allowed in my medical wing," He said sharply making me jump. Surgery? As in cutting one open? "Now, get out,"

         "Woah- Hey- Can't you at least like let me see a mirror? You're making me think my face melted off over here," I asked looking him up and down suspiciously. He paused in his rushing me out with a sigh.

           "You only have light scarring to the head and face, your arm, stomach, side, and back, however, have severe scarring," He then shut the door in my face. Blinking I stared at the door for a long moment before glaring.

         "You just explained it! You didn't even do a good job!" I called not bothering to open the door knowing that would not turn out well. With a huff, I turned to leave but was reminded of the council. Right next to me. Oh, sweet sugar plum. "... What brings you here?" Kill me now.

         "... Lilith, we're here to talk about what happened," Oh gods. I was going to get expelled. No, I was going to get executed. I can't say I liked this place but damn, I was going to miss it. Farewell, cruel world. "Oh- Don't get me wrong! You aren't in trouble. We were already told about the situation, we know it was an accident, we would just like to get your side and see if we can't learn a little about those potions you used,"

        ... I'm not dying? Seriously? Like seriously-seriously?

         "Why don't we talk somewhere a little more privately?" The dean said while I stared at Miss H in bewilderment. I was getting off scot-free. I mean, it was an accident but like, come on, what kinda dragonshit is this? No punishment? At all?