Chapter 19

After her little confidence boost, Isabelle's training was suddenly ten times harsher. Which is saying something. It was to the point that my personal healer, James, actually started to come to the field for swordsmanship. He mostly just sleeps but with my bones being broken mercilessly and the tearing of flesh I didn't know dull swords could cause often cut his nap time short. With every heal, I had a new scar, some smaller and others larger.

            Did you know that was possible? Skin tearing not from the sharpness of a sword but the brute force of the blade? Isn't that a fun fact? Now, I may have been a little less caring for the brutality of it all if it was just that class. But no. 

            Miss H's worries bled beyond that little demonstration in my archery class, I was being forced to due more and more distance shooting and it was murdering my arms. You read that right. Arms. I had to practice both arms. Again, it could be forgiven if it was just those two.

         However, with every class, I had one or another person pushing me beyond my limit and times that by ten. Be it the fire elite that I pissed off by existing, or the dean who was shockingly obedient when Miss H tried to help me. He, though, took the word 'help' and decided it meant 'torture,' so, you know, that's fun.

         Physical classes seemed to never end, the moment I get even near the goal forced on me it's moved twice as far, the academic classes coming one after the other with no rest or buffer; test after test, book after book. No spare time. You sleep or studied, bathed and ate if you were lucky. You met what was expected of you or you were getting booted out of school. That was it.

           And someone was disturbing my sleep.

          Groaning I curled into the large smooth dragon halfway on my bed. I don't want to get up... Whining as the knocking just got louder I burrowed my face into the dragon happily doing nothing. I haven't had the time to be around it and with its growing size, which currently exceeds the size of a horse, it couldn't follow me around as it had been before. So I just let it run free in the woods.

          Though, not long after my gaining entrance to the potions room, I did learn something about this dragon of mine. It could be truly transparent if it so pleased, and, I know what you're thinking, 'however did you find out just a curious thing?' 

            Well, you see, I was going to leave it in my room as I had been doing but the little beastly followed after me. I did not know this fact until later that day. When I had come back to my room to find it not there. After searching the school foolishly I returned to my room and summoned the damned thing. 

            The circle showed as usual but... Not that dragon. In the midst of my heart attack, it had the gall to shrill at me as if I was playing with it. So, that's the story of learning it was fully capable of following me around without others knowing, which I allowed to continue until about two weeks ago, and now that you know that, I'm going back to sleep.

        "Lilith! Open the door or I break it in!" Isabelle shouted from the other side. Scowling I rolled over and snuggled into my thin and wiry blanket, my broken bed shifting. The quiet skimming of claws on my wooden floor was nearly drowned out by the brutal beating of my door. 

          Claws?

         I jolted upright a second before the door gave way and flew open, the bothersome person freezing at the sight of the dragon who was standing before the door with a glowing throat and melted glass gliding down its mouth, which had teeth. Really long and very sharp teeth.