9. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙨𝙮 𝙖𝙨 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧→

Everyone started gossiping after their initial shock wore off.

"Young Master He just returned back to town. What is he thinking? Why is he getting involved in a fight between Young Master Xiang and Young Master Peng?"

"God knows. No one can afford to provoke him either. He disappeared for years but I heard Young Master Lu brought him home."

"No wonder."

"Look at what Young Master used as the bet."

"Oh God... He used his horse racing course as the bet!"

"Look at the driver he sent."

"Where did he find such confidence? Why did he send out a completely unknown racer?"

"He's bound to lose."

Zi Lian suddenly hoped that Lisa would make the mistake of betting on He Fei's racer after hearing what everyone said.

Her lips curved upwards. Since He Fei was here, she ought to find a chance to stage a fake chance encounter.

She decisively handed Lisa her gold card after just thinking about the opportunity and said, "I have over $6 million in my bank account. If you want, you can have it all."

Lisa glanced at her before she took the card and headed to the betting area.

After He Fei suddenly joined the race, no one betted on him.

Lisa quickly placed her bet. Earlier on she had hacked into the banking system to create a new account for herself using a fake name. This way, she could avoid trouble when she won.

After placing their bets, everyone entered the racetrack and went up to the spectators' stand.

The stands were segregated into four zones: A, B, C, and D. Lisa and Zi Lian had entered zone A, so they could see the starting lineup.

All the drivers had started to prepare.

Many women leaned against the railing and shouted excitedly at the drivers.

Lisa and Zi Lian sat down after finding their seats and Zi Lian purposely asked Lisa, "Since Young Master He is here too, why don't you go over and say hi later?"

"No, I'm not going to," Lisa succinctly replied before her eyes turned to the racers.

Zi Lian deliberately said, "Why did you decide to bet on Young Master He's racer? Is it because you are his..."

"Stop talking." Lisa frowned. She turned her head and said, "If you aren't interested in such races, then go and wait outside. Stop getting in my way."

Zi Lian was angry. Although she did not care about racing, she had just loaned Lisa a lot of money, so she wanted to stay and witness her loss.

She suppressed her displeasure after thinking about this and promised Lisa. "Fine. I'll stop."

Lisa continued looking at the racers and since she had a top-level mental power, it was easy for her to make someone win.

Lisa suddenly stood up and walked forward.

Zi Lian did not see this coming. She wanted to catch up to Lisa, but there were so many screaming women in front of her that she found it somewhat unbearable.

She could only sit down.

Lisa went up to the railing closest to the track. She was stunned when she saw He Fei. She did not expect that he was the man who wanted to marry her.

The moment Lisa caught sight of He Fei, she inexplicably thought about the owner of the supercar workshop, Jungkook. She was briefly stunned before she veered her eyes away and released mental power towards the driver next to He Fei.

The race was about to begin.

At the end of the countdown the race cars swiftly drove away from the starting line like rockets.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The moment the cars drove off, the spectators went nuts.

The screaming, shouting, and sound of cheering were absolutely thunderous.

The racers showed off all kinds of driving skills, such as drifting and cornering. The screech of the tires left the crowd's scalps numb and their hair standing on end.

When all the racers reached speeds of over 300 kilometers per hour, the noise from the F1 race was so deafening that it left their hearts palpitating and their ears ringing.

Lisa quietly left the racetrack. She could not stand the sound of the screaming women.

After Lisa walked out, she took out her phone and lowered her head as she calculated her winnings.

A confident and pleasant voice suddenly spoke to her, "Watch it there."

Lisa hurriedly halted to avoid walking into the car in front of her and turned to look towards the voice.

She was surprised to see the man walking among some smartly dressed men. "It's you."

She instinctively studied him.

His suit and black silk shirt accentuated his broad shoulders and long legs. A dignified aura radiated from him, and he gave off an intense professional charm.

He probably was not just the owner of a supercar workshop.

Jungkook was caught by surprise too. She was not wearing any thick makeup today and looked very pretty and pleasant.

He nodded at her and said, "Be careful when you are walking and stop looking at your phone."

Lisa put away her phone and her lips curved into a smile before she teased him, "You are still as nosy as ever."

The people walking beside Jungkook looked at Lisa in shock.

Who was this girl? How could she have the guts to speak to Lu family's second son this way?

Jungkook pursed his lips and looked at her with his deep eyes.

Lisa waved before she walked around him. "But thanks for the reminder."

The moment she finished speaking, she left.

Jungkook veered his eyes away from her disappearing figure and continued walking. He decisively handed out orders to the men around him, "Prepare two contracts. The first one is for the ownership transfer if they lose. The second contract is for buying back He Fei's horse racing tracks after they win."

His subordinates quickly realized his plans. They immediately and respectfully replied, "Okay."

Jungkook continued speaking, "Find out who placed the biggest bet."

A man swiftly checked using a tablet. "It's Young Master Ou." He added in surprise, "Someone shockingly betted over $6 million for Young Master He's racer to win."

Jungkook paused in his steps. "Find out who they are."

...

Lisa waited outside the racetrack for almost ten minutes before Zi Lian hurried over like she had seen a ghost.

The moment she came over, she took out her phone and made a call.

Lisa walked up to Zi Lian and said after the phone call went through, "Time to go."

The moment Zi Lian heard Lisa's voice, her hand trembled so hard that her phone nearly fell to the ground.

She held her phone tightly as she looked at Lisa in disbelief. "Y-you won!"

Zi Yi had a calm expression on her face. "Uh huh. Aren't you happy?"

"Yes, I am," lied Zi Lian. "I didn't think you were that good. You surprisingly betted on the right driver. You must have won heaps of money this time."

She was so mad that she felt as though her lungs were about to explode. It never dawned on her that Lisa would win when she loaned her the money.

Lisa glanced at Zi Lian's face and her lips curved into a smile as she generously said, "After I collect the winnings, I will give you $1 million."