𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝘼𝙧𝙚𝙣'𝙩 𝙅𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙨?→

A few seconds later, Dou Xiangling woke up

The moment she regained consciousness, she suddenly opened her eyes and was about to get up.

"Meng He, you... Lili?"

"Don't be nervous."

Lisa hastily pressed her down.

With such a big movement upon regaining consciousness, Dou Xiangling felt dizzy and nauseous.

She said to Shadow,
"Go and get a cup of water."

There was water available in the room and Shadow soon returned with a cup of water.

She took the cup and fed Dou Xiangling before she said,
"Cousin, you were drugged, and you shouldn't move so quickly after waking up. Otherwise, you would feel dizzy and nauseous."

Dou Xiangling drank some water and laid down. However, at the thought of how she was brought away by Meng He and how he also had intentions to do something awful towards her, she felt disturbed. She held her hands and said with great difficulty,
"Lili, did he..."

Dou Xiangling wanted to ask if Meng He had done anything to her, but she could not bear to ask it aloud. She was so anxious that she was about to start crying.

Even though she did not feel uncomfortable physically, she felt uncomfortable mentally. As a young lady from a scholarly family, the people she was acquainted with since childhood were polite and gentle. How could she have suffered such injustice?

Lisa held her hand and said,
"Cousin, nothing happened. Just as you were brought into a room, Shadow had arrived."

Dou Xiangling finally felt more at ease after obtaining a positive answer and her head was not as dizzy as before.

Lisa added,
"Shadow has beaten Meng He up severely and he is still at Count Alistair's house. The Count has promised that he would give us a satisfactory explanation tomorrow."

She then explained what happened following that.

Dou Xiangling quietly listened to her explanation and she could not help but sigh at the end. "Sure enough, bad people do receive retribution. Ansel and Meng He wanted to plot against the both of us while Ansel was concurrently plotting against Meng He. Yet, in the end, he had been plotted against by the person he had chosen."

It was clear that Ansel was working together with Allen and wanted to pave the way for him to win first place.

However, no matter how he plotted here and there, he never would have imagined that Allen would be plotting against him with a killer.

"Fortunately all of them have been caught."

Dou Xiangling was a soft-hearted person in many aspects, but solely on this matter alone, she could not feel the slightest soft-heartedness for any of them.