Chapter 53

That same night I couldn't fall asleep. It was past 3 in the morning and I still hadn't seen Harry. I decided to shoot my shot and texted Kate asking if by any chance she had seen Harry, with William maybe. And unfortunately she was also awake and hadn't seen her husband either, and that is when the door of my room opened and a very dishevelled Harry entered our room.

Due to the bedside table light that was on, I was able to spot his red puffy eyes instantly, and without saying a word I got out of bed, walked towards him and hugged him with all the strength that I could muster. And we broke down in each other's arms.

"I am so sorry my love." I tell him, those words were not going to sooth him or make the pain go away but I didn't know what else to say.

"The worst part is that we didn't even get to say goodbye." he said sobbing more into my arms. I had managed to move us towards the bed and we were now sitting as he was still holding on to me.

"Father is King, I just can't process everything right now." he said sniffling, and finally pulling away and looking at me, I caressed his cheek softly and he just leaned his head on my hand. We stood there for a good 10 minutes in silence, just trying to calm down and trying to rationalise the whole situation.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you and the twins alone all this time." he said now putting his hands on my waist, picking me up and sitting me on his lap. His head was resting on my shoulder and holding me tight.

"It's okay love, don't worry about that. Auntie Kate needed a distraction and James was a good helper in that department." I managed to smile and I could feel him smile too.

"I went to their room to kiss them goodnight." he said his thumb making soft circles on my hand.

"When I was in the room..., listening to everyone and everything that was being said, I realised that the most important thing, isn't to make plans and plan my dad's coronation, what's most important right now is family. In any circumstances but in this one particularly and I was glad to see that William was thinking the same because he was the one to put an end to the meetings, we had been there for God knows how long and they weren't gonna stop anytime soon. He said that all those matters could wait for tomorrow, and that now was a time to grieve all together and to be a united family. Unfortunately we didn't realize how late it was already. But tomorrow morning we will have a good breakfast all together, not formal, just us and we will be able to remember Granny and go through this as a family." he said and I just nodded.

"I am sure William will be a great King someday." he said and I nodded again.

"How about we go to sleep now, before the twins wake up because we are making too much noise, and we cuddle until morning?" I asked him and he nodded. Taking off his jeans and button up shirt he came under the cover and automatically wrapped his arms around me. As I was facing his chest I looked up at him and his eyes were looking in the distance and I knew he was thinking about his grandmother. So I just brought his face to mine and kissed him passionately. His hands holding me tighter and caressing my warm skin as we kept on kissing each other, with need, passion and love, until we both fell asleep.

--------------------------------- the next morning-----------------------------------------

When we woke up, reality hit us way too quickly and we were back in our sad moods. I woke the twins up and got them ready for breakfast. I had put them in matching grey joggings and I was about to do the same. I think these walls never saw joggings or tracksuits ever. I put on my nikes and as I put the twins on the floor and held their hands we went to our bedroom where Harry's face lit up instantly when they saw him and then they started to scream and yell 'dada'. He got down on his knees and they wobbled their way towards him and he hugged them tightly and got up with both of them in his arms. The view was so heartwarming I took out my phone and snapped a picture of him and the kids without him knowing. He was talking to James as Rose was looking at him as if he was the biggest super hero on the planet, and honestly, to us, he was.

He then realised I was staring and called me over. I gladly approached them and got on my tip toes to kiss his lips and kiss our babies' forehead.

"Ready?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Also may I say that all three of you look cute in your matching grey joggings." he said winking at me and I just laughed thanking him.

"Cannot wait until I get a snarky remark for wearing that. 'How highly inappropriate.'" I mimicked and he laughed, way too soon we arrived in front of the doors leading to the breakfast room. Harry froze for a quick second but took a deep breath and opened the door.

Obviously there were some weird stares about how I was dressed but I was glad to see that Kate was wearing jeans, which is really rare when she is in presence of the family. She looked at us and waved smiling. We went around saying good morning, and as soon as James saw William he made grabbing hands towards his uncle and William was more than happy to hold him.

Rose made grabbing hands towards me and Harry let me take her in my arms, and she just rubbed her eyes, seems like she didn't sleep well enough. And that's when I realised she was starting to have a fever.

"Harry do you think you could run to the room and grab the bottle of medicine against fever, Rose is starting to burn up." I say as I start to caress her hair softly, he came towards us placed a kiss on her head and on mine and nodded leaving the room.

"Oh look you have a puppy." I heard from the back of the room.

I sat down at the table not wanting to engage in her petty fights and carried on caring for my baby. Rose was the sweetest angel even when she was sick.

As soon as Harry came back he sat down beside me and took out the medicine and started to give it to her. We knew it was going to make her sleepy but she needed to eat before falling asleep. I took a little pot of applesauce and started to give it to her.

"Not even waiting for everyone to be seated to eat?" her voice rang again in the room.

"Camilla, for the love of God leave Ella alone. Can't you see Rose is beginning to be sick?" Kate spoke up and I looked at her grateful, while the nasty woman carried on having this frown on her face.

"I think we can all be seated and start our breakfast, we have family matters to talk about." was what Charles said, and for once I felt for him, he looked really devastated, his eyes puffy and red from all the crying.

"So that's how the next few days are going to be..." and so the planning of everything was talked about, and I could see I wasn't the only one that stopped eating, this whole conversation forming a big ball of stress in my stomach.
So much for having a normal family breakfast.