Chapter 54

It has already been a week since granny has passed.
She was to lay in state and for four days and we honestly weren't expecting that many people to come.

We had to make some appearances and talk to the people which was normal of course, but to pretend that everything was alright was really tough.
But every person we saw had such comforting words for us and it made it all worth it and great.

Those ten days were without a doubt the most exhausting ever. And even thought they felt long and tiring it all went by quiet quickly.

The day of the funeral was the most exhausting one, and I knew how much more exhausting it was going to be for Harry and William.

Granny was finally laying with Grandpa P., and finally we were to let out a deep breath. We had been scrutinised so much by the tabloids, that I became paranoid every time I was to go out. Harry and William were as busy as ever and it was normal, but I could see how tired they were.

Charles was announced King and he had already been filmed loosing his temper a couple of times for literally nothing. Camilla looking as happy as a prison door. I get it, they were grieving too, but it seemed all too much for them.

The whole thing had taken a toll on me and even on the kids. Rose and James were exhausted, I think they could feel how tired we were, which exhausted them at some point. Kate and the kids had gone on with their lives and they were all back to school.

"Your Highness, there is mail for you." I heard Jeanette say as she entered the room and curtsied a bit, I smiled and took the letter, thanking her. The name on top of the letter was enough to have all my body tense up.

'Her Royal Highness, The Queen Consort, Camilla', well they didn't waste any time did they? As I read her letter, she was reuniting all the women of the family for the first ever tea time since Granny had passed.

Soon enough Kate was texting me saying how much she didn't want to go, she also said that she had too to try and support William since he had a whole bunch more of responsibilities, since they became Prince and Princess of Wales. Kate being the first Princess of Wales since Diana passed.

I guess she was right, we had to support our husbands the best we could and keep the family together was the most important thing at the moment, so I was to accept the tea party invitation and even thought I was already starting to feel sick to my stomach I had to do it.

Just when I was starting to cook diner that night I heard Harry enter the kitchen and felt his arms wrapping around me, he planted a kiss to my temple and I inhaled his perfume making me relax even more in his arms. He was silent, which meant he was thinking about whatever had happened today and I didn't want to disturb his thoughts so I kept on cooking.

"How is my beautiful wife today?" he finally spoke, I turned and planted a soft kiss on his lips and smiled.

"I am okay, and you how was your day?" I asked back and his brows furrowed.

"Hey what's wrong ?" he asked taking my hand and leading me to the couch in the living room, we sat down and he didn't let go of my hand.

"I received an invitation from Camilla to go to a tea party tomorrow and honestly, I am already stressing out." I tell him, and he stayed silent.

"I feel like I can't take any of her abuse anymore, and don't get me started it is abuse. She is honestly one of the worst person I have ever known and it is becoming harder and harder to be in her presence. Don't even get me started on the conversations she always has and on the fact that she is always remembering us that she is Queen, which is not technically true, she is Queen CONSORT for crying out loud. I am just so tired." I tell him a single tear sliding down.