Chapter 40

The next day we convinced the Queen to let us go do our own shopping. We thought that maybe people that would see us would think that there wasn't that much drama in the family after all.

We got to go in every store we wanted and I even got the opportunity to invite Amal too and she gladly came with us. Yesterday night we all stayed at the Palace, I got to eat dinner with George Charlotte and Kate. Focusing on Kate's pregnancy has helped me not overthink all the drama going on. Yesterday after the family reunion I didn't get to see Harry anymore, apparently the meeting he had with his dad, brother and grandma was long, so I only got to feel him cuddling next to me when I was half asleep.

The time went by pretty quickly and we had an amazing time with Beatrice and Eugenie, Amal and Kate. It was a real girly afternoon and it  was what we all needed. At the time we went back to the Palace, Kate had arranged a little surprise for us all, she had organized some spa and massages for us 5 at the gym room. We all went to put robes on. We had massages, facials, pedicure, manicure all the things we needed to rest. At tea time Kate had some tea and scones made, with other things to eat and drink and it was really one amazing moment that brought us all close together.

"So how does it feel to be married Eugenie?" asked Kate.

"It's the most amazing thing ever, you get to do everything you want with your best friend, it's simply the best thing." She said smiling.

"Aww I am so happy to hear that, and you Ella, how is married life treating you?" asked Kate, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"It's going amazing and I am very lucky to have the in law family I have, I was a little bit preoccupied by the whole having to have a baby as soon as possible, but I feel relaxed now. I talked with Harry and we don't want to rush things but yeah if I ever get pregnant now or in three years I think I'd be happy anyway, it has always been a big dream of mine to have kids so if I ever get the chance to get pregnant I will sure embrace it." I said smiling and drinking my iced tea .

"Well, ain't this so cute!" said Amal smiling at us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were gossiping some more, when the official secretary of the Queen came to find Kate and I, saying she wanted to see us as soon as possible. We looked at each other and rushed up the stairs to our apartments and changed into formal dresses. It wasn't everyday that the Queen was asking to see you in private for important matters and even tho we can wear pants, for my first formal meeting with her Majesty I wanted to be presentable. I putted on a knee long black dress from Zara with a Dior black belt and some Jimmy Choo flats.

I went to her office room and waited with Kate at the entrance. We were almost wearing the same thing, she was just more colourful than me. Then the door opened and the secretary made us go inside.

"Your Majesty." we both said before curtsying.

"Ah Ella and Catherine, please take a seat." she said pointing us to the chair.

"I made you come here, because there is an event for a charity for women coming up, Diana represented them once, so did my sister, me and Anne, now it is your turn to represent the royal family and that we stand with the women of our beautiful country." she said.

"Oh what an honour your Highness." said Kate instantly, I on the other hand was a bit shook, I knew I would have responsibilities, but like not right now. I mean at least I have Kate right?

"Thank you so much your Highness for the privilege." I said smiling to her.

"Now I know you two will be the perfect fit for such an event, and as I will need your husbands for a bit longer too, you will have some distractions. I count on you and your manners to represent the monarchy the best way possible." She said, it was the first time I saw her this intense.

"Sure your Majesty." Kate said and I nodded.

After that we got up, curtsied and left the room, as soon as I was out I breathed out, as if I was holding my breath all the time we were inside. Kate looked over to me pretty concerned, and asked if I was okay, I replied.

"I am fine, it was just intense, it was my first time in an official meeting with her. I kinda got scared but if you're with me everything will be fine right?" I looked smiling over to her who smiled back and said.

"Of course I am here I'm not going anywhere, the meeting is tomorrow, it's in east London. I already went once last year, and let me tell you that each and everyone of those women are really strong, stronger than I will ever be. They went through unspeakable things and managed to get out of it, but they still leave in fear, and don't want to trust anybody else than women." I listened to her talking and I already had goose bumps, I am worried about such stupid things, when there are women out there living their worst nightmare, and too afraid to speak or move or leave their predator or abuser. Nobody men or women should be abused, it is not okay, it is not how we are supposed to treat each other. All that made me grateful for the life and the childhood I had and have, and it made me want to help even more those women.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you know someone who needs help, don't close your eyes on it, help them, even if they don't ask you, even if they say they are fine, if they matter to you, you will help them. If it was you, wouldn't you want help?

Take care of each others and spread love,

thank you all for reading and living this story with me, next chapters coming soon.

Love,

Ceph xx