Chapter 8

The day of the Grand Opening (Part 2)

I was in the elevator, I couldn't stop thinking about Charles, how stupid of me not to ask him to take off his glaces what was behind those glasses? Who is that mysterious man?

DIIIIIIIIING

The doors opened 20th floor our suite floor, I walked in the room, my nikes making some squishy sound, my mom appeared out of nowhere with a scared look on her face.

"My God where in heaven were you? You're soaking wet you're going to catch a cold come here darling let's get you a towel and something hot you must be cold." she said taking me in her arms.

After drinking a hot chocolate and taking a hot shower I sat down on the bed where Amalia was and told her what happened.

"So you're telling me a cute stranger out of nowhere walked you home and made you the conversation in front of your favorite place and statue and you didn't see his face?" she said looking at me with wide eyes.

"Humm, yes that's it, but I know his name is Charles." I said in a dreamy way, what's wrong with mehhhhh!!!

"Hun you dreamt, this wasn't real." she said to me, I kicked her and said,

"It was as real as this kick trust me!"

"Okay okay, then it was kind of romantic, kind of a "Notting Hill" movie he's your Julia Roberts and you're the Hugh Grant, except you're a girl and he's a man." she said.

"Euhm yeah if you want to put it that way then yes Amal." I said

"Girls, they are here!!" we heard mom say.

We stood up from our beds then went to the living room, to see a whole crew of make up artists and hairdressers.

"Wow mom we are only three to get ready, not a whole football team." I said jokingly.

"Real funny Ella, now girls go get prepared!" she said to us.

We approached all the staff, greeting them and telling them what was our vision of the style we wanted to have for tonight of course our ideas were not as professionals as them and they actually made us look like princesses, real princesses, then we putted our dresses on and then it was already 5 p.m. and the Grand Opening was at 6:30 p.m. so we had to run.

I was in a pink blush dress, my hair was braided in shape of a crown, Amal had this amazing red bordeau dress with her hair made in a beautiful updo

"Wow!" Dad said when he saw us all ready.

"Wow you too dad!, you look like James Bond." I said to him cheekily.

"Girls! You look amazing! Let's take a family picture and get going okay?" mom said a big smile on her face.

We took a picture and then we went to the Grand Opening. The car ride was really stressful with mom telling us what to say, what not to say, if we had to bow down or curtsy if we had to talk or say some things important, it was really frustrating because we would have to be careful with everything we do and say. Then after all the speech mom gave us we finally arrived.Cameras were flashing, I guess they were here for the Royal Highnesses, the valet opened the car door and we went out, and made our way inside the beautiful place.