Chapter 56

Once I got home, to be back in a familiar place and to have my babies back was beyond emotional. I think I stayed in a hugging position with the twins for at least 20 minutes, to feel their little heartbeats, their scent, their presence and hearing them say mommy while hugging me was bringing me so much comfort.

Harry and I reconnected like never before, we stayed together all the time. Afraid that something, anything, would take me away from him again.

 Those two weeks were so relaxing. We enjoyed strolls around Kensington Parc with the kids. And then the first week of December we had snow and to see the twins happily playing with it was just so great. A perfect moment I will always remember.

They were growing so fast, talking more and more, approaching their 2nd walk around the sun. A lot happened this year and I couldn't honestly wait for the new year and all the changes that were coming our way, for our family and for the institution. 

After loosing Granny, having my black-out and all the rest of the drama with Camilla, we all needed something to look forward to. Something that would make us all happy. A new chapter.

During those two weeks, I realised that, even if I didn't want to, I had taken a lot of all that had happened in my life for granted. Looking back to when it all started, I couldn't be more grateful to where I am now. 

To have the husband I have, to have the family I have, my babies, and to have had known so many great people. I look back on how much I grew, and on how much I still need to work on myself to become the better version of myself, and I am proud of myself.

I feel like, even though so much happened until now, my life and all the adventures I am going to go on, with my amazing husband and kids are only starting. 

I have learned that life isn't all black or all white, sometimes there are grey areas. That weirdly enough, sometimes you matter more in someone's life than you may think and you can make a difference. That every experience, good or bad, actually makes you grow and shapes you to be the person you are.

And as I finish this chapter awaiting the future, I can only be amazed and grateful on how things turned out to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------- present day-------------------------------------

Monday the 2nd of January 2023

Gosh I am feeling odd. I am doing great, don't get me wrong, but it's just waking up with this very weird feeling, you know? When you know that something is wrong and you can't pin point to what.

As I do every morning after taking the kids to pre-school, I go back home and hop in the shower. And that is when you know, if the feeling you had is valid or not, because most of the time the shower will help you relax and wash away all your worries, but if the worries stay after the shower that's when it gets tricky. 

And then as a weird thought makes me I look down.

Could I be? 

No.

But could I? 

I mean I can always do a test, it won't hurt. 

So here I am, peeing on a stick, which is the most Duchess like thing to do, like ever. And then the waiting is the worst part, but to be honest I am quiet relaxed because I know I am not pregnant, I am just taking the test, you know, to be sure. 

And after waiting 3 minutes, I see a really faint second line appearing, it's faint but it is here, and all of a sudden my breath gets cut short. I am holding the stick at my eye level, as if the result was to change if I blinked. 

"HARRY!!!!" I called yelling, as I hear all the commotion outside, I know that he is rushing to come to the room, he opens the door, looking all panicked.

"What is it darling, are you-" he said quickly coming towards me and then he immediately sees the test in my hand. He kneels next to me.

"We're pregnant." I say in a whisper, but loud enough for him to hear, he didn't say anything. His eyes became clouded with tears, he just leaped forward and engulfed me in a hug.

"We're pregnant". he repeated, and seeing my husband cry made me start crying too. And we stayed in that position for a moment. Harry rubbing my belly, feeling all proud.

This baby was not planned, but the love for the little being inside was already so present. 

When I thought adventures were awaiting us, I didn't think that it would be that kind of adventure, but I am so grateful it is. 

Now for the rest? Well, like everyone, we are awaiting William to be King. Waiting to see if Charles will abdicate, I don't think he will, thought he really should, the people aren't really embracing him as much as a King as his mother was as a Queen. 

On another note, we are scheduled to go on a tour of Australia, and the twins are coming with us, I think that by the end of the tour I will be showing, how exciting is that. 

As for Camilla, well, I only see her at family gatherings but she is forbidden to come near me, that's what Harry says anyway, and I am fine with it. 

I do know that more drama is to come, but everything shall come in due time isn't it? 

Elvis sang that, the wise man said that only fools rush in, but he couldn't help falling in love. Well I am so glad I fell in love, and rushed like Elvis sings about, because the best loves are the one you know with all the fiber of your body that they are true, they are real and are made to be forever. 

So love and have no regrets because life is too short. 

The End...... or is it?