Chapter 25

TRIGGER WARNING
^^^6 years later^^^
Scarlett's POV
"Mummy why can't I go outside and play like the other children do?" I asked my mum a second time today. "Scarlett how many time do I have to tell you? It's a dangerous place out there and it's not safe for 7-year-old girls like you." My mum explained again. My mum always told me that my mummy and daddy didn't want me and she adopted me. It makes me sad to know my mummy and daddy didn't want me. "Mummy?" I ask, curious again. "Yes Scarlett dear?" Mummy's tone was becoming impatient. "Why didn't mummy and daddy want me?" I ask sadly. "Didn't I tell you that it was because of all the pain you put your mother and father through." She stated coldly. I feel my tears welling up in my eyes. "And don't even think about crying. My sympathy line for you has ran out." She turns away. "Yes mummy..." I sniffle and go to my room. I want my mummy and daddy. I cry. Even though mummy will punish me for getting my sheets wet. I don't care. I just want my mummy and daddy to tell me bed time stories and tickle me. Why did I have cause so much pain? I'm sorry mummy and daddy please come back for me. Please... "Stop crying this instant!" I feel the cool leather hit my back and it provides a loud whack. I stop crying from the pain and try to hide my tears. The scars layer upon my back. "It hurts mummy..." I whimpered. "Now that's why we don't cry my dear. I want you to go wash your bedding this instant and I expect you back when I tell you." Mummy demanded. I nodded and head towards the basement with my sheets to wash. I look around and it gives me the creeps. I wonder if mummy and daddy still remember me. Would they save me someday? Would they want me back? A tear falls, but I wipe it back up. All I know, is that I'm not meant to be here.