Chapter 1

Elsa's POV
I sigh. Just another day at the office. I mean my boss is amazing. Amazingly hot, I should say. No Elsa you can't like Mr. Frost. It's against the rules. The phone rings. "Hello. Overland Company this is Mr. Frost's assistant speaking. How can I help you?", I say as usual. *other end of the phone* "Urm this is Mrs. Frost". As disappointed as I am I continue. "Oh would you like me to give him a message?", I say. "Yes, yes. Tell him his mother called and he needs to promote his secretary.", I smile at this. "Yes, ma'am. I will tell him right away.", his mother is so sweet. "Thank you. Bye darling.", as I am about to hang up she continues, "Oh and don't forget to tell him that last bit.". "I won't bye bye ma'am.", I lie. I would never be brave enough to tell him that. I'll try though. I get up and walk to his office. I knock on his door. "Come in!", I hear his soft, but sexy voice. I pop my head in. "Uh..sir your mother called and she told me to tell you to 'give your secretary a promotion.' and that's all sir.", I say nervously. "Come on in and sit down. I don't bite.", he says. "Only if you want me to.", he mumbles, but I still manage to hear. My eyes pop out and start blushing. He looks at me with a sly smirk. Not a professional look, unless he's a professional raper. "Um sir we can't-uh I can't-urm its not appropriate si-", he shushes me. "Don't call me 'sir' my name is Jack.", he says. "Uh ok 'Jack' like I was saying we can't have a relationship it's not right. Plus I have a-a-a boyfriend. Yeah.", I saw a glimmer of disappointment on his face. "Yeah, yeah I know. I don't like you anyway, only as a secretary.", I felt my face drop. By now he's standing right next to me. "Maybe someday when the rules are different...you and I can be us...", I run out of his office trying to avoid tears. "Elsa! Get back in my office!", I hear him yell. But I keep running. I go into the women's restroom. After about 5 minutes or so, I mean who's keeping track, I feel a hand placed on my back. I look up to find my best friend Merida. "What happened back there? What did he do to you? Do I need to get fired for punching him in the face?", she asks. This is why we are best friends, she would risk her job for me. "No, no, no. I just- I just can't explain right now.", I say. "Ok I'm always here for you if you need me.", she says and leaves the bathroom. Oh this is going to be a long day.