Chapter 26

TRIGGER WARNING
^^^ 4 Years Later ^^^
Scarlett's POV
Today's my 10th birthday and mother got me some paints. They are beautiful paints. Pink, Purple, and indigo. Once a week on my birthday I see billboards with my name except the last name is Frost. I wonder if my mommy and daddy celebrate my birthday with out me. I wonder if they remember me. "Can I please go outside, mother?" My pale skin clings to my bones and my bleach blonde hair thinly tangles at the back. "No. How many times do I have to say it? Mother knows best darling." I take another lash to the back. Foolish questions = 2 lashes, crying = 5, sleeping in = 3, and forgetting a chore = 10. I always make sure I don't forget to do my chores. I don't want 10 lashes. My back is covered with scars. I remember one time I forgot to clean mothers bed sheets because mother had another one of her 'toys' over. She whipped me 15 times because her 'toy' got the sheets all wet. She was mad. She lessened the punishment when she calmed down. It was scary. Do all mommy's and daddy's hit their children? Will I ever be found? Mommy wherever you are please help me.... I'm sorry I was a pain. "Mother?" I ask. "What do you want Scarlett?" Mother snaps. "When can I go home?" Mother glares at me as I shrink away. "You are home you stupid brat!" I smell her freshly polished whip. "Lay down on your back now!" Mother yells at me. I do as she says. I wince as the 2 whacks break my already scabbed back. Blood drips on the ground. "Go clean that up! After that you have to re-clean my precious whip." Mother commands of me. "Yes mother." I say holding back my tears. I get a towel and clean up the crimson-red blood on the hard wood floor. Then I go to the laundry room and put the towel in the wash and grab the polish. I scrub mothers whip and then hear a bang in the other room. Probably one of mothers 'toys'. Silence fills the house and then I hear the pounding of heavy footsteps. "Check the bedrooms. I'll get the laundry room and bathroom." A deep masculine voice says. The heavy footsteps reaches the laundry room door. The door slowly opens and I see a tall man with white hair gingerly enter the room. "Scarlett?" The man asks. "Hello." I smile. I feel a bond towards him as if I had met him before. He bends down and hugs me tightly. I wince in pain. "What did she do to you sweetheart?" Tears well in my eyes. I turn around and lift up my shirt. I hear him gasp. I pull my shirt down and turn back around. "Do you know my mommy and daddy?" I asked. "I am your daddy sweetheart." The tears I had been holding fell for the first time in forever.