Chapter 31

Elsa's POV
Jack took me to the doctor today. I got checked out and she rubbed the slimy goo on my belly. Then she rubbed the stick around on top of the goop. The monitor came to life and the beating was loud over chaos in the other room. Someone must've just given birth because there was a yelp of pain and that was replaced with the crying of a new born baby. My maternal side just wanted to run into the next door room and comfort the wailing child. Finally the crying reduced to mere hiccups. I could still hear the monitor over the child. The soft thump, thump soothed my nerves. I looked up at the monitor to see a little baby curled in my stomach. I have a second chance. I looked towards Jack. His eyes were watering as he looked at the screen. Pure joy had been expressed on his face. The love that radiated off him was obvious. The doctor looked at Jack and I. "Well it looks like you went for a third round." She chuckled. Jack shook his head trying to hide his smirk. My eyes watered up at the thought of my dead baby. Oh Charlie I wish I could bring you back. Jack noticed my sudden sadness and squeezed my hand. I forced a smile, but it looked more like a grimace. I wish I could have Charlie back. "Thank you doc. We'd better get the trio now." Jack said simply. "Well alright. Elsa if there is any complications please give me a call." The doctor said as we were heading out the door. I slightly nodded and continued walking towards the car. "Jack." I whimpered. He looked at me concerned. "It'll be okay darling." He gave me a small smile. I nodded and let the tears flow. He gently rubbed my back. We got to the car and drove to pick up Lily, Scarlett, and Colton. Jack glanced at me the whole time he drove. "I love you Jack." I whispered sounding almost scared. "I love you too baby." He rubs my lower thigh while watching the road. We arrive at mom's house and I stop Jack before he leaves the car. "What should we tell them?" I asked nervous to what they will think about having a little brother or sister. "We'll wait until it becomes a little more obvious." Jack looks me in the eyes. I nod again. I'm so scared. Jack leaves the car and I put my head in my hands. I rub my tummy and sigh. What do I keep getting myself into?
-$-
I'm back!! 😃 I've setup reminders for myself for story updates so I can post on a more regular basis. Just a fyi.