Chapter 40

Thanks ReadWriteRun for pushing me to publish this :D <3 Enjoy!
TRIGGER WARNING
Jack's POV
We've taken Scarlett to therapy as soon as we found out that she was self harming. Lily and Colton only fight because they don't seem to be able to do anything else. Little Anna just loves to smile and giggle. The last issue is Elsa and I have been getting older which means health has to be maintained. Elsa has become ill and can rarely do anything and the girls are going to need her. I'm extremely worried. I walk into our room. "How are you doing honey?" I ask her. She coughs a little bit and she wheezes. "Here drink some honey-chamomile tea sweetie." I place the warm drink on her side table. "If you need anything just call." I leave to grab Anna as I hear her soft cries to shout out that she's awake. "How's it going Scarlett?" I ask because I see her in the kitchen making something. "Good." She smiles. Which I haven't seen her smile  in a while because of her depression. "What're you making?" I ask as I put Anna in her high chair. "Just some cupcakes for school." She smiles again. "Dad? Can I ask you a question?" She looks at me nervously. "Sure what's up hon?" I feel kind of concerned. "Well this guy-urm and he told me that he l-likes me and umm I was wondering if umm I could see a-urm movie with him?" She looks from me to her nails a couple times. "Only, only, if you bring Colton and Lily with." I looked at her sternly. "Thanks daddy!" She runs up and hugs me. "Anything for one of my princesses." I smile as I hug my daughter back and kiss the top of her head. As if on cue Anna squeals and giggles. This boy is obviously making my girl happy and if she's happy I'm happy. That is all I want for my children, is for them to be happy. The timer dings signaling the cupcakes are done. I let go of Scarlett and she does the same and grabs a pair of oven mitts to pull out the cupcakes. I grab a container of baby food, carrot and sweet potatoes, after Anna finishes her Cheerios. Scarlett mixed her mint green vanilla frosting together. "Hey dad do you want to frost?" She giggles. I chuckle. "Sure." I walk over to the small island in the center of our kitchen and grab the spatula. I get a glob onto the spatula and wipe it on Scarlett's nose. "Your officially frosted." I grin. "So are you." She says as she flings frosting into my hair. "Oh no not my hair!" I pretend to die on the ground because of the frosting. Scarlett laughs and just frosts her cupcakes, leaving me on the floor. Lily and Colton come into the kitchen. "Uh dad? What are you doing on the floor." Colton asked me. "Scarlett frosted me and I got defeated." I say. Lily rolled her eyes and sighed. "You're so weird dad." "Do we really need to have this conversation again?" I ask Lily and Colton with my eyebrows raised. "Oh yeah, you guys are going to the movies with Scarlett and a friend of hers so you each can bring a friend with and see whatever movie you want as long as it's PG through PG-13 rated. No R." I say to the kids. "Okay cool." Colton says. "Sweet thanks dad." Lily says. "You're welcome for being the coolest dad ever." I say grinning. All three of them look at me with their eyebrows raised and Scarlett just smudges more frosting on my face. "Really?" I give them my poker face. "Really." They all say in unison. I just chuckle and sigh. What a family I have.