Chapter 27

Jack's POV
I was driving home with the love of my life in the backseat heading home. "Daddy do I get to see mommy?" Scarlett asked me from her floral print car seat. I frown when I hear the word mommy. "No sorry sweetheart, mommy's sick." I can't help but feel disappointed in myself.
^^Flashback^^
Elsa got pregnant with another child and it went down hill after that. She would throw up after eating any form of food or liquid. We went to the hospital to see what was wrong. "I hate to tell such a lovely couple like you two such awful news. But the child you conceived died a week ago." Our regular doctor told us. That was the week when Elsa became sick. "Ja-ack." Elsa croaked. She was on the verge of tears. Her lips quivered and her eyes were tearing up. I hugged her. That's when she sobbed. She gave birth to a dead baby.
^^End of Flashback^^
She hadn't let me touch ever since. She took a shower one day and fell knocking herself out. I knocked down the door and found her unconscious in the tub. She's been in a coma ever since. I hear the sniffles of my 10-year-old princess and look in the rear-view mirror to find her crying. "Do you want to go see mommy?" I ask. She looks at me with eagerness in her pale blue eyes. She nods her head. We head to the hospital. After I talked to the nurse at the front desk, we headed back to Elsa's room. I open the door to the room that had been my home for the past few months, until the police found Gothel's location. Scarlett ran up to Elsa and looked at my sleeping beauty. "Mommy?" Scarlett seemed confused why Elsa was asleep. The monitor next to Elsa beeped at a more steady pace. What shocked me the most was when Elsa's eyes fluttered open. She turned her head and saw Scarlett. "Scarlett? Sweetie you're found. My little lost princess has been found." Elsa looked up and caught my eyes. She hugged Scarlett weakly and I smiled at my two beautiful girls. Elsa put out her arm for me. I walked over to the bed and sat on it. I picked up Scarlett and set her on my lap. "Both my loves are back." I smiled and gently hugged both of them. A truly precious moment.