Chapter 33

Elsa's POV
It was the middle of the night and I was up for my usual nightly pee. I heard a scream and a thud down the hall in the girls room. "Jack!!" I whisper-yelled, hopefully waking him up. "What babe?" He huskily groans. "Get up! I think someone's in the girls room!!" Jack shoots straight up in the bed. He grabs the bat we have under the bed and goes to the girls room. "Be careful!" I whisper to Jack. Which of course he just grins at me. The idiot. I roll my eyes. He opens the door and releases a breath of air he was holding. He nods at me as if to say everything's okay. "Mommy? Daddy?" I hear a soft voice whimper. Scarlett. I walk into the room and sit on the edge of her bed. "We're right here sweetie." I say trying to comfort her. "What happened honey?" Jack now inquires. "I had a nightmare and I fell off my bed." I see a tear fall down slowly on her left cheek. Jack gently wipes it away. "Well you're safe now sweetheart." I rub her back softly. "Mommy I want you to sleep with me. Please." She starts shaking. "How about you sleep in the big bed with me and daddy?" I try to get my bed and Jack in on the deal. Jack keeps away my nightmares. I used to always have nightmares after the night we lost Scarlett. Jack would always comfort me after a nightmare and then I wouldn't have any. He's the best fiancé ever. "Okay." She sniffled. Jack picked her up and carried her to our room. He put her on my side and she gently sighed. I laid in between my side and Jack's side except I take a little bit of his space. Jack laid down and wrapped his arms around my entire torso. Scarlett cuddled up to me and fell asleep in my arms. "This is nice." Jack sighs. I fall asleep nestled in Scarlett's thin pale blonde hair.