3: Insight.

We walk through the crowd of staff at the triskelion, Steve's fists clenching and unclenching in anger.

"You know this isn't Nat's fault right?" I ask him as we get into the elevator.
"She was just following orders."

He lets out a deep breath before replying.
"I know. I'm just upset that Fury didn't tell me anything about it." He replies as the elevator doors open and we walk towards the director's office.

"You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve asks as we enter the office.

"I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours." Fury replies not turning to us.

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share." I stated, feeling irritated at his nonchalance.

"I'm not obliged to do anything." He replies, still not turning to us.

"Those hostages could've died, Nick." Steve cuts in.

"I sent the greatest soldier and one of the most powerful being in the universe in history to make sure that didn't happen." He replies looking up at us.

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns." Steve retorts.

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Look, I didn't want both of you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything." Fury replies, standing.

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns." Steve insists.

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all." Fury says like it's a normal thing.

"Except you." Steve replies.

"You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that." He replies making me roll my eyes.
"Come with me." He says walking towards the door. He leads us to the elevator and the AI scans us.

"Insight bay." Fury orders.

"Captain Rogers and Lisa Stark does not have clearance for Project Insight." It replies.

"Director override, Fury, Nicholas J." Fury replies.

"Confirmed." It replies as the elevator door closed taking us downwards.

"You know, they used to play music." Steve says after a few seconds of silence.

"Yeah. My grandfather operated one of these things for forty years. My granddad worked in a nice building, he got good tips." Fury replies.
"He'd walk home every night, roll of ones stuffed in his lunch bag. He'd say 'hi', people would say hi back. Time went on, neighborhood got rougher. He'd say 'Hi', they'd say, 'Keep on steppin'. Granddad got to grippin' that lunch bag a little tighter." He continues.

"Did he ever get mugged?" I ask in curiosity.

"Every week some punk would say, 'What's in the bag?'" Fury continues

"What did he do?" Steve asks.

"He'd show 'em. Bunch of crumpled ones and loaded .22 Magnum." Fury replies and I smile.

"Granddad loved people. But he didn't trust them very much." He concludes and I notice we were going underground.

I look in a awe at the giant helicarriers and the multitude of staff working on it.

"Yeah, I know. They're a little bit bigger than a .22." Fury states.

"This is Project Insight. Three next generation Helicarriers synced to a network of targeting satellites." Fury explains.