32: Reunion.

"Look at this! Where is the other half of our ship?"

"My ship." The man corrects as they all look at the damage caused.

"Either one of you could have gotten us through that field… had you flown with what’s between your ears instead of what’s between your legs!" The fierce lady retorted.

"If what’s between my legs had a hand on it… I guarantee I could have landed this ship with it." The man boasts.

"Peter, we almost died because of your arrogance." She scolds.

"More like because he stole… the Anulax batteries!" Peter retorts.

"They’re called Harbulary batteries." The grey man corrects.

"No, they’re not!"

"Do you know why I did it, Star-Munch? Hmm?" The talking animal screams.

"I'm not gonna answer to 'Star-Munch.'" Peter states.

"I did it because I wanted to!"

"Dick." He muttered.

"What are we even talking about this for? We just had a little man save us by blowing up fifty ships!"

"How little?" The grey man asks.

"Well, I don't know, like this?" He replies, raising his paws.

"A little one-inch man saved us?" The green lady asks in a bored tone.

"Well, if he got closer, I'm sure he would be much larger." The raccoon adds.

"It's how eyesight works, you stupid raccoon." Peter retorts

"Don't call me a racoon!" He screams.

"I'm sorry. I took it too far. I meant trash panda." Peter replied in a sarcastic apologetic tone, making the enhanced animal look around in confusion.

"Is that better?" He asks in confusion.

"I don't know." The grey man replied honestly, like he always did.

"It's worse. It's so much worse." Peter quips, snickering.

As they all bickered and argued, the didn't notice the baby tree moving away from them, further into the woods.

He was exploring like he always did, eager to find new things. He wandered so far away that he could only hear the loud argument of his family faintly. He didn't find anything that caught his interest though, except for a few pebbles that caught his eyes. He gathered as much as he could, walking back towards their wrecked ship.

The screeching of creatures living in the trees had him looking up. Their wings fluttered in panic as he saw a bright blue flash appear in the skies. A figure appeared in the flash, falling through the branches, towards him, making him drop his pebbles and take cover behind a tree.

He peeks out as the figure falls to the ground, wrapped in a blue bubble. The bubble slowly fades away and he goes to take a closer look at the unmoving figure.

He climbs on the warm body, looking at the face. It looked like his green mother but it had Peter's colour.
"I am Groot?" He asks but the figure stays still.
[Are you okay?]

Was it, uh, what was the word? Peter called it sleeping, right?

He shakes the figure but they don't move, making him sigh. He better go and get the grown ups.

He ran as fast as his little legs could carry him, pebbles abandoned beside the figure. He meet his family still arguing, making him scream.
"I am Groot!"
[Listen to me, everyone.]