16: Clifford.

"I'll take Natasha and Clint." Steve says after we all suit up, we'd already done the dishes and cleaned everywhere up.

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll hit the NEXUS, I'll join you as soon as I can." Dad replied.

"If Ultron is really building a body..." Steve says trailing off.

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot." Dad finished.

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me." Steve says and I smile.

"I'll drop Banner and Lisa off at the tower. Do you mind if I borrow Ms. Hill?" Fury asks. The crew had voted me out of coming with them.

"She's all yours, apparently." Dad replies.

"What are you gonna do?" Steve asks.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope." Fury replies.

"Yeah, 'cause subtility is not your style." I replied and he smiles.

▪️▪️▪️

As soon as Fury and Hill take off, leaving Bruce and I, I head up to my room, taking the file from under my pillow.

"J? Can you inform me if anyone needs my attention?" I called out and I frown when he doesn't reply. It takes me a second to realize and my heart sinks.

"I miss you J." I muttered before opening the file.

It was already, fraying at the edges and it was yellowish from ages ago.

Name: Mary Parker (Nee, Fitzpatrick)

Status: Deceased.

Cause of death: Died in a plane crash
during a mission in Germany.

Relations: Richard Parker, husband (deceased)
                     Benjamin Parker, brother-in-law (deceased)
                     May Parker, sister-in-law
                     Melissa Stark, daughter(deceased)
                     Peter Parker, son

I slam the file shut, my breath picking up.
I have a fucking brother out there and I didn't know about it.

It all made sense now.

'You're alive.'

'She told us you died.'

The question was why would she tell everyone her own daughter died.

I tug on my hair frustrated at myself for not remembering anything.
Stupid brain.

I fall back on the bed huffing in frustration. I hand hits something else and I frown. I turn around to see the box Thor brought back from Asgard. I hadn't opened it yet and now I was curious to see what was in it.

I open the lid and gasp in awe. In the box was a glistening crystal like thingy, with a gold necklace attached to it. I pick it up and I notice a dust like substance in it. I turn it and the dust moves too, like an hour glass.

I move my hair out of the way and clasp it around my neck and sighing in content. I move to my mirror admiring it.

A knock on my door snaps me out of my admiration.
"Lis?" Bruce's muffled voice comes in.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"The guys are back." He tells me.

"Oh, okay. I'll be out in a minute." I replied as I packed up the box and the file, tossing them into my drawer.