33: Look, it's Daddy!

"I hired Yondu to pick you up when your mother passed away. But instead of returning you, Yondu kept you. I have no clue as to why." Ego explains and I look at him skeptically. I don't know why but he's giving me some weird vibes.

"Well, I’ll tell you why. Because I was a skinny little kid who could squeeze into places adults couldn’t. It made it easier for thievin’." PJ replied and I took another bite of the chocolate bar that he'd handed to me.

How he got it, I have no idea.

"Well, I’ve been trying to track you down ever since." Ego says.

"I thought Yondu was your father." Drax says from beside me.

"What? We’ve been together this whole time… and you thought Yondu was my actual blood relative?" PJ asks.

"You look exactly alike." Drax says and PJ rolls his eyes.

"One’s blue!" Rocket deadpans.

"No, he’s not my father! Yondu was the guy who abducted me, kicked the crap out of me so I could learn to fight, and kept me in terror by threatening to eat me." PJ replied.

"Eat you?" Ego asks in confusion.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Oh, that son of a bitch." Ego said.

"How’d you locate us now?" Gamora asks the one question that had been in my mind.

"Well, even where I reside, out past the edge of what’s known… we’ve heard tell about the man they call Star-Lord. What say we head out there right now? Your associates are welcome. Especially your earth friend and that triangle-faced monkey there. I promise you… it’s unlike any other place you’ve ever seen. And there… I can explain your very special heritage. Finally get to be… the father I’ve always wanted to be. Excuse me. I’ve gotta take a whiz." He says and he stood up to ease himself.

"I’m not buying it." I said and PJ nods.

"Thank you. Something's up." He agreed and Gamora glares at me.

"Let’s go take a walk." She says pulling PJ away.

"Psst." I called to Rocket as Drax and the antenna chick converse. He looks up at me.
"You're not a monkey, okay. He's just being a jerk." He nodded looking away.

"...Can I pet your puppy? It is adorable." I hear the girl ask.

"Yes." Drax nods and she goes to touch Rocket.

"I wouldn't-"

Rocket goes to bite her and she retracts her hand screaming and Drax burst out laughing, like really loudly.

"That is called a practical joke!" He says between laughter and I rolled my eyes, standing up.

I picked a bowl and filled it with whatever they were eating and head towards the ship.

I passed Groot who was sitting by the door on a pillow. I waved at him and he waved back eagerly. I head towards the figure on the floor, place the food a good distance away and use my foot to nudge the bowl towards her.

She sits up, looking up at me with suspicion.
"What is this?"

"Eat. I brought some of what they're eating, I don't know what it's called." I said.

"Why should I eat it?" She says raising her voice.

"First because you're hungry. Second, I don't know whatever beef you have with your sister and frankly I don't care. You remind me of someone I cared for and whether you like it or not, I'm going to make sure you're okay. So eat and if you like, continue to starve yourself." I said as I walked back towards the door, sitting beside Groot who crawls into my lap as we both watch the night sky.