5: Two Shall Take It's Place

"She was in the elevator with Romlow, I think he was ordered to take us both out." Steve explains to me as we approached the hospital.

I nodded my mind ringing.
My name is Olivia. That was my Mama's name.
She said was which means-
I gulp pushing back the thought and the sinking feeling in my chest.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Me? Yeah. Sure. Where is the drive?" I asked.

He send me a look that tell me he didn't believe me but thankfully he didn't push it.

"It's over there." He replies and I sigh out in relief. Thank goodness, the smell of bleach was starting to make my skin crawl.

He comes to a stop in front of a vending machine, and I frown in confusion. My eyes meet the obviously empty slot and I connected the dots.

"Shit. They got it. What the fuck are we going to do?" I whispered, I felt really stressed out.

"Lis-"

The loud pop of something- bubble gum to be precise, cuts him off. How did I know? I've pop enough gums to piss Dad off growing up and they usually ended up sticking to my face.

I turned around swiftly to see a familiar red head. I vent my frustrations by pushing her into the room behind her.

"Where is it?" I gritted out.

"Safe." She say non chalantly.

"Do better!" I growled out.

"Where did you get it?" She asks like was trying to read me.

"Why the fuck would I tell you?" I replied.

Steve's hand wraps around my hand gently tugging me away. I reluctantly let go, running my hand through my hair, pulling the brown strands.

"Lisa, calm down." Steve tries to persuade.

"Oh I'm calm. I'm really really calm." I replied trying to control my breathing.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?" She asks.

"What's on it?" Steve asks calmly.

"I don't know." She replies.

"Stop lying!" I yelled walking towards her but Steve pulls me back.

"I only act like I know everything, Stark." She replies.

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" Steve asks.

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you." She replies.

"I'm not gonna ask you again." Steve replies.

"I know who killed Fury. Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe they exists, the ones who do call them Winter Soldier and the Silver Fox. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years. The other over fifteen in the last decade." She says and I gulp.

"So they're a ghost story." Steve replies and I frown in confusion, we knew where the girl was.

"Five years ago, I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, suddenly a girl was standing right in the middle of the road, I tried to swerve around her, next thing I knew, somebody shot out my tires, near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me." She says as she pulls up her shirt to show us the scar on the side of her stomach.

"Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis." She continues.

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." I replied rolling my eyes.