19: Avengers...

"The rules have changed." Steve says as I stare at my nails.

"We're dealing with something new." Dad agrees.

"The Vision is artificial intelligence." Steve adds.

I don't like this colour.

"A machine." Dad notes.

"So, it doesn't count?"

"No, it's not like a person lifting the hammer." Dad says and I rolled my eyes.

"Right, different rules for us normal people." He says giving me a direct look.

"Nice guy. Artificial."

"Thank you." He agrees with dad.

"You guys are just sore losers." I responded as I flick my nails again.

Why did I even choose this colour?

"He can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone. It's safe with the Vision. And these days, safe is in short supply." Thor says and I doubt Steve was listening.

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..." Steve wondered out loud, confirming my doubt.

"It would still go up." Dad agrees.

"Elevator's not worthy." He said turning to me.

"You're just a bunch big babies. You're supposed to be older and more matured than him." I said to Steve slapping his arm.

"Hey. What's that supposed to mean?" Dad whines from beside Thor.

"It means you're a man child, dad. That's what it means." I retorted.

"I'm gonna miss these little talks of ours." Thor says.

"Not if you don't leave." I said looking up to the god, my hand going to the necklace subconsciously.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years. It's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. And once all these pieces are in position…" Thor explains.

"Triple Yahtzee." Dad replies at the same time I say, "Bingo?"

"You think you can find out what's coming?" Steve asks.

"I do. Besides this one, there's nothing that can't be explained." He says tapping dad's shoulder, before he pulls me into a hug- well tried to, our hight difference was ridiculous.

"My regards to Odin for this." I said lifting up the necklace. "For an asshole, he's got really good taste."

"Ah. You know you're welcome to Asgard anytime. Hiemdall is just a call away." He says lifting his hammer to the skies and almost immediately, the bifrost takes him back, leaving the bifrost imprint on the grass.

"That man has no regard for lawn maintenance." Dad says as his orange sports car drive towards us.
"I'm gonna miss him, though. And you're gonna miss me. There's gonna be a lot of manful tears." He continues.

"I will miss you, Tony." Steve replies honestly.

"Yeah? Well, it's time for me to tap out. Maybe I should take a page out of Barton's book. Build Pepper a farm, hope nobody blows it up." Dad says.

"With either of us in it? There's always a ninety percent possibility." I said and he chuckled.

"That's right." He agreed.

"The simple life." Steve notes.

"You'll get there one day." Dad comforts.

"I don't know. Family, stability... The guy who wanted all that went in the ice 75 years ago. I think someone else came out." Steve says.

"You all right?" I ask as dad enters the car.

"I'm home." He replies as we both watched dad speed off. We head back inside to see Nat staring at the wall, deep in thought.

"You wanna keep staring at the wall, or do you wanna go to work?" I ask and she turns to us.

"I mean, it's a pretty interesting wall." Steve added.

"I thought you and Tony were still gazing into each other's eyes." She says and I snorted.

"They were this close to making out." I teased.

"Nah, I think he's into the Stark with the boobs." She replies and I choke on my spit.
"How do we look?"

"Well, we're not the '27 Yankees." Steve replies after clearing his throat.

"We got some hitters." She replied as I handed her the tab.

"They're good. They're not a team." I noted.

"Let's beat them into shape." She replied as we walked into the training room.

Rhodey and Vision are already standing there, Sam flies in next, followed by Wanda, then Pietro zooms in, in a blur of silver.

"Avengers…" Steve calls out and we put on our serious faces.

Steve opens his mouth to talk but is cut off when Pietro zooms right to my front with a couple of chocolate bars.
"Chocolate." I squealed, grabbing it off his hands making everyone laugh.

Like I said one big, dysfunctional family.