24: Social Care.

My feet was tapping against the floor fast. I was anxious, tired and really stressed. I flick my nails, making a clicking sound in the quiet space but I'm too far gone to notice.

I could see Steve, Sam and T'Challa glancing at me, out of my peripheral vision, but I don't pay any mind to them. Only one thought on my mind.
Olivia.

Was she safe? Are they manhandling her? Is she scared? Was sh--, ofcourse she's fucking scared. Someone just tried to kill her and her father for something they didn't do.

Who is behind this? Is it Ross? It could be him. A power hungry asshole like him could do something like this.

I feel warm hands on my thigh, squeezing softly, making me look down to see Steve's hand.

"It's okay. They're fine." He whispers and I nodded but I can't help but start worrying again.

"So, you like cats?" Sam asks, trying to ease the tension and I almost laugh. Almost.

"Sam." Steve warns and I rolled my eyes. T might look scary and whatnot, but deep down, he was a giant soft teddy bear. If you don't believe me, ask Shuri, his baby sister.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?" Sam asks.

"Your suit . . . t's Vibranium?" Steve asks ignoring Sam.

It was. I don't know how it didn't click in my brain until then. The panther suit, deflecting the bullets and my blasts, trying to save me from falling.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you . . . as both warrior and king . . . how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" He says and I tense before rolling my eyes.

"He didn't do it, T." I said as I stopped flicking my nails, my hand moving to the bracelet on my wrist, fiddling with it, absentmindedly.

"Then who did?" He asks.

"That's the mystery." I mumbled as I fell back into my thoughts.

▪️▪️▪️

We finally arrived and I hurriedly got down, stretching my legs. I turn around to see James, confined in the glass container, Livia's eyes trained on him as they lead them both away, my heart tugs.

"What's gonna happen to them?" Steve asks the question on the tip of my tongue.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The white haired man says as he leads us inside, alongside Sharon and a couple of guards.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon introduced him.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asks.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt." He says sarcastically, making me roll my eyes.

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam says dejectedly.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" Ross says.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T says as they lead him away. I spot a familiar red hair waiting to join us and she smiled.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Nat scolds and I shrug.

Steve says something but I'm too caught up, eavesdropping on Ross' conversation with the guards.
"...the social services are here. Boss says she should be taken to an orphanage in the States ASAP." He orders and the guy nods before splitting ways with him.