17: Apologies and Encouragements.

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. There's gonna be blood on the floor." Dad says as I pack my hair up into a high ponytail.

"I got no plans tomorrow night." Steve jokes.

"I get first crack at the big guy.
Iron Man's the one he's waiting for." Dad replies.

"That's true. He hates you the most." Vision says as he walks past us.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." Steve starts once we took off.

I pass a comm to Pietro and he holds it in his hands as Steve continues.

"All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right." He continues and Pietro finally puts in the comm.

"Is he always this good?" Pietro whispers to me and I nodded, smiling.

▪️▪️

Everything is going so well so far. Thor and Bruce had gone to find Nat. Steve and dad to find Ultron and Pietro, Wanda and I to clear the city. Well, it was Wanda and I, Pietro had zoomed of to the local police station, further in town.

Wanda was calling people out with her powers and I created a trail for them to follow out of town. Like I said, going so well.

"I- I- I wanted to apologize for the other day. It was wrong of me to go through your head like that and I realize that now. Please forgive me." She says and I sigh.

"It's okay. I definitely have forgiven you cause if I hadn't you would definitely not be rocking my jacket right now." I replied chuckling and she looks down at the jacket.

"Oh. I- I didn't know. Pietro gave it me and I didn't think--" she rambles blushing.

"Don't worry about it. You look better in it than I do, why do you think it was in the locker room?" I joked and she lets out a shy smile.

Suddenly the loud clanking of metal starts to sound all over the city making me look around in confusion. The next thing I knew was Ultron bots crawling out of everywhere like ants and by everywhere I mean, everywhere.

From under the ground, from the little river, from the road. They started to fire at the people making me jump into action.
"Cover the people." I told Wanda as I jumped over the bridge. I push the bots clinging on the side of the bridge wrapping all of them in one field before crushing it and dumping the metal in a heap by the river bank. My boot in the flowing water.

Then, the floor starts shaking, making me stagger.
"Uh, does Sokovia get earthquakes?" I ask the comms, even though I already know my answer.
I wonder what my baby brother is up to now. The water around my feet disappears and the ground- well, rock I was standing on was swallowed and I fall through. I quickly catch myself, flying out.

"Get the people away from the edge!" I shouted into the comms as I flew up grabbing people that were falling off as fast as I could.

"FRIDAY, energy levels." I ask as I drop the people I grabbed.

"Energy level at sixty five percent." She replies and I winced. Shit. I'd barely began anything and I was already at less than sixty five percent.

"Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise, only to fall." The Ultron bots around me says and I rip them apart angrily but the speech doesn't stop.