36: Anulax Batteries and Tapes.

"That's Ego's core." Mantis tells us as we reached an orb suspended in the air with structures that looked like spiderwebs.

"That core is thick, Rocket." Gamora says.

"I got it covered." I watched as he flicked a couple of switches, pulling the controls.

"We must hurry. It will not take Ego long to find us." Mantis states.

"Keep it steady." He says as we watched a hole drill into the orb.

"We drill into the center, we kill him!" PJ replied.

"Captain?" A voice comes in through the radio.

"What is it, Kraglin?" The voice I'm guessing is Youndu's ask.

"Hey, remember that Ayesha chick?" The voice asks.

"Yeah, why?" Yondu asks.

"I... Uh..."

"Oh, hell!" Yondu exclaims and the ship jerks backward, making Drax Mantis and Gamora fall out. I grab the back of Rocket's seat, supporting Groot with the other.

"Why aren't you firing the lasers?" PJ asks as he steers the ship as Rocket runs past me in all fours.

I sigh as I close my eyes letting my energy flow through me. I put up a field around the ship.

"They blew out the generator. I think I packed a small detonator." Rocket replied.

"What the hell is this?" PJ screams.

"It's your sister or whatever you say she is to you." Rocket replied as I opened my eyes.

Groot moves, standing on my shoulder, still grabbing my ear for support, not that it hurts, he was weightless.

"A detonator is worthless without explosives." Nebula says to Rocket as he rummages through his bag.

"Well, we got these." He says, putting up a couple of glowing tubes.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Anulax batteries. They could work as explosive." He explains.

"Is that thing strong enough to kill Ego?" PJ asks.

"If it is, it'll cause a chain reaction... throughout his entire nervous system." Rocket explains.

"Meaning what?" PJ asks.

"The entire planet will explode. We'll have to get out of here fast." I replied and Rocket nods.

"The chick's right. I rigged a timer." He adds.

"Hang on." I said to Groot as I wrapped myself in a field, lifting the one on the ship enough for us to fly out.

We flew towards the hole we drilled and the landed roughly but I climbed in gently, lifting the field off me. Groot jumps down as I put up a field around the entrance. I smiled as Groot waved at me.

"Okay, I didn't know you were cool enough to fly by yourself." Rocket says and I smiled.

"Is the ever grouchy raccoon giving me a complement?" I teased and he sighs.

"Whatever." He muttered. "The metal's too thick. For the bomb to work, we'd actually need to place it on Ego's core. And our fat butts ain't gonna fit through those tiny holes." He explains and I sigh.

"Well..." PJ says gesturing to Groot who was innocently playing with a leaf on his arm.

"That's a terrible idea." Rocket responds.

"Which is the only kind of idea we have left." PJ retorts.

"A bad plan is a good plan when you don't have any other plans." I add.