29: Broken.

We all walked cautiously further into the base. Liv was beside me and I don't miss the slight trembling in her body. I picked up the last time HYDRA attacked that she had a huge fear of darkness and I don't want to pry. The light from dad's reactor helps a little.

"I got heat signatures." Dad says and my heart sinks. Fuck.

"How many?" Steve asks, mentally preparing like me.

"Uh, one." Dad replies the confusion evident in his tone.

As we enter a chamber like place, the lights come on. Hazy, yellow mist descends within the capsules. It was still occupied.

"If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep." A voice echos and I snap my eyes up.

The first thing my eyes meet was a chair with electrical clamps next to it. Just like the one in my visions. I look away from it, swallowing the lump in my throat and my eyes fall on the hole between one of the soldiers head.

"Did you really think I wanted more of you?" The voice asks again.

"What the hell?" James mutters beside me.

"I'm grateful to them, though. They brought you here." He says and the light flicker on, before I could even react, Steve flings his shield but it bounced back.

"Please, Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets." Zemo taunts.

"I'm betting we could beat that." Dad retorts.

"Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came." He replies and I frown in confusion, looking around.

Is this some kind of trap?

"You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here?" I asked, my voice straining. This was the man, responsible for everything, well after Ross. Ross sparked the flame and this guy added the gasoline.

"I thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you. I followed you. But now that you're standing here, I just realized . . . there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw." He says to Steve.
Talk about creepy.

"You're Sokovian. Is that what this is about?" Steve asks.

"Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell. No. I'm here because I made a promise." He responds and I frown. A promise? To who?

"You lost someone?" Steve asks and the man clicks his tongue.

"I lost everyone. And so will you." He says and the reflection to my side catches my attention.

It's written in Russian but I recognize two features.
16 and 1997.

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumples from within? That's dead . . . forever." Zemo says as dad steps beside me.

"I know that road. What is this?" Dad says as the screen changes to an unfamiliar road.

Even though everything is unfamiliar, two things are.
16th Dec. 1997 and 7:00pm.

A familiar car passes and it crashed, just as a motorcycle passes beside it. My heart drops and I struggled to swallow.

I remember dad and I peeking behind the curtains, out the window as they entered the car.

I tense as the motorcycle reversed and two figures get off. The smaller one, pries open the trunk and grabs a case before walking robotically back to the motorcycle. The other bulky figure grabs grandad, who was crawling out for help.
"Help my wife. Please. Help." He cries and tears filled my eyes.

"Sergeant Barnes?"

The soldier grabs grandad by his hair punching his face over and over again.

Accidents will happen.

He drags his lifeless body back to the car, putting him back in the car.

"Howard!" The voice rings out, making my shoulders shake as little sobs leave me.

I sense movement beside me but I don't pay attention to it, my focus on the blurry screen.

The Winter Soldier walks around the car to grandma's side of the car as the other figure leaves the bike and pulling out a gun.

Prep him and start over.

The sobs stop and it doesn't take a genius to know what happened.
The smaller figure walked towards the camera, holding up the gun. A sudden gust of wind blows and it blows away the stands covering her face, making my heart sink even further.

A gasp sounds as she shoots the camera and I don't know if it's from me or Livia. I fall on my knees softly, curling up

Everywhere is quiet, except for my sobs. Dad goes for James but Steve stops him.

"Tony. Tony."

"Did you know?" Dad asks and I tense. I look at Olivia who was already seated beside me and she shakes her head answering my silent question.

"I didn't know it was him. Or them." Steve says and I sob louder.

"Don't bullshit me, Rogers! Did you know?"

He hesitates before replying
"Yes."

My eyes snaps to meet his and he avoids my eyes.

Hurt.

It consumes me. He knew and he didn't tell me, we lived together, fought together, trained together, practically are together every hour of the day. And he didn't tell me. He knew how hurt I was when dad didn't tell me about Ultron, and he didn't tell me. Not a word.

Livia wraps her thin arms around me as I sobbed even harder. I ignore the crash around me, the constant flinching from Livia.

"Lisa, sé que estás herido, pero necesitas para detenerlos. Van a matarnos unos a otros. Por favor, haga algo- no quiero que mi papá moriera." She pleads, her voice shaking.
[Lisa, I know you're hurt but you need to stop them. They're going to kill each other. Please do something- I don't want my dad to die.]
The fear in her voice has me looking up to see fallen debris around us.

I didn't even know when all that happened. I look around for them as I stood up.

"FRIDAY? Um, energy levels?" I asked, my voice cracking. Livia helps me up, as we look around.

"Energy Levels at forty percent." She replies and I nodded.

She points in the direction they were and I carried us both there. We get there only to see Steve seating over dad, with his shield raised at dad, James laying on the ground.

I blasted Steve off dad and he hits the wall, hard, his shield clattering beside him. Livia runs to her dad while I run to mine.

"Dad?" I called out, tears dropping from my eyes. His face was bleeding, blood all over. What if I didn't arrive when I did?
"It's okay." I comforted as his reactor flickered. "You're okay."

I heard footsteps behind me but I ignored it.
"Lis-"

"Don't! Just go- please, leave. Leave before I do something I'll regret." I cut him off.

"I'm-"

"GO!!" I screamed. "Leave, Steve. Go away." I said as another wave of sob racks through me, I rest my head on the cold plate of dad's chest.

Movements around me let's me know he's leaving.

"That shield doesn't belong to you. You don't deserve it. My father made that shield!" Dad calls out and a few tense seconds later, a loud clank echos, making me know he dropped it.

Three of them walk away, each echoing footstep driving pain into my heart.

Dad puts his metal covered arm around me, soothing me as I cried.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed. Have a wonderful weekend ahead.

Next update: Monday.

<3