13: Ultron.

I barely registered the presence of people around me. Only one thought was in my mind.

Ultron. Ultron? Fucking Ultron.

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce says.

"Ultron." I scoffed as I tried to pull the shards of glass embedded in my feet. Keyword being tried, my hand was shaking too much to do that.

You might ask that why can I not just pull them out with my powers. Well, I could. I just didn't want to. Why? Because, then my hands would have nothing to do and I'll be forced to find something to do about fucking Ultron.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Nat adds. I could feel eyes on me from across the lab but I don't meet them.

Ultron.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey suggests.

"Nuclear codes." Maria fills in.

Fucking Ultron.

"Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey says. I feel a pair of hands wrap around mine and gently tugs the tweezer out of my tight grip. I look up into a familiar pair of blue ones.

"Let me." He whispers.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Nat notes.

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Steve notes as he pulls out the glass gently and the wound heals back automatically.

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint notes.

"But there wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria states.

"Yes there was." The voice of the betrayer reaches my ear as a bright orange reflection has me looking up.

FUCKING ULTRON!!!!

I stare at the disembodied image of JARVIS' consciousness. I stand up, ignoring the protests, walking towards it with my hand outstretched and tears in my eyes.

"J?" I whispered.

"This is insane." Bruce says.

"JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense."  Steve says from behind me.

"No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is...rage." Bruce says, making me look up at the two culprits.

Dad stares into my tear filled eyes, his shoulders drooping slowly. He makes a move to stand and come towards me but Thor barges in and grabs him by the throat.

"Thor." I called out as he backs dad into the wall making me move, well, limp towards him.

"Woah, woah, woah! It's going around." Clint remarks as dad strangles out some words.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor spits as I reached him tapping metal clad arms and he lets go off him to turn to me. He scans my body frowning when he sees I'm leaning on one leg.

"Thor! The Legionnaire." Steve calls out.

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles out but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again. Come." He says before wrapping his arms around me leading me back to where I was coming from.

"The genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Nat says.

"I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Helen ask as I sit and Steve takes my bleeding foot in his hands again.