10: Energy.

I huffed for the umpteenth time since we got here. I could feel the chills in the air as I fling one of the henchmen into the tall tree, a pile of snow falling on him as I fly past him.

"Seriously, guys? Of all the things to forget how could we have forgotten about this? We're just a bunch of idiots." I ask as Nat and Clint drive past below me.

It's been a full year since we took down HYDRA. Meaning it's been eleven months since Olivia left and six months since we- and by we I mean Steve, Nat and I, had been receiving anonymous tips from an untraceable source, on HYDRA bases and their locations. We all knew it was from a certain blue eyed brunette.

A lot had changed in the last few months. Steve and I permanently moved back to New York- although he was searching for apartments in Brooklyn, I had better control over my energy levels, I hadn't opened the file Fury handed to me in the cemetery, it still lies under my pillow and every night I pick it up to look at it, I chicken out and place it right back. Even my curiosity couldn't win. Also, Thor brought me back a gift from Asgard. Again.
Well, he did say Odin sent it to me, which I found weird but I came to the conclusion that the guy is basically sucking up to me since Loki died.

"Well, I wouldn't say we're that bad." Clint replies as we all go over the metal fence.

"Shit!" Dad cursed a few seconds later.

"Language!" Steve responds and I frown as I wrapped a bunker in blue wisp of energy before crushing it. I pick up parts of it before slamming them into another one making it go up in flames and smoke.

"JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?" Steve continues.

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken." JARVIS replies and my interest pikes at the mention of energy field.

"Same signature as mine? Do you think it's an enhanced?" I ask, flying towards the structures.

"Yes, almost the same signature as yours but it is not an enhanced, I believe." He replies.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." Thor chimes in.

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys." Nat replies.

"Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise." Clint replies.

"Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language?'" Dad asks and I snorted.

"I know." Steve says and lets out a breath. I hear an explosion from his end. "It just slipped out."

"I mean, you can take the man out of the forties but you can't take the forties out of the man." I replied.

"Shut up Lisa." He replies.

I landed catching my breath.
"J, energy levels?" I ask.

"Energy level at forty eight percent. I must say, this is an impressive progress from the last time." He replies and I nodded.

"I know right?." I replied as I took out one of the bunkers. This had to be the toughest base we've cleared so far.

I fling a couple of men into trees and incoming vehicles. I feel a strange energy coming my way and block it with a field, instinctively.

I'm shocked to see a boy around my age, with platinum blonde hair on the ground groaning.
"You saw that coming?" He asks, his accent very heavy.

"I always see what's coming my way." I replied as he gets up before I could even blink.