27: Double agent

We continued to go for each other until we collided. I took on Pietro dragging him away from everyone else.

He continued to speed around me trying to land a punch and I tried to block it, honestly, this was like a training session for us. He got a few hits in and I got mine too.

I soon grew bored and blocked his path with a field making him fall flat on his ass.

"Does this feel familiar to you?" I mocked referring to our first meeting.

"You always see me coming." He replied smiling.

"Yeah, I always do." I replied as I flew off.

I spotted Nat on the floor and I went to help her up.
"Hey, you good?"

"Yeah, I am. You?" She asks.

"Yeah, I think so." I replied as I see Wanda fling T away from James and I obviously sigh.

"This is all one big mess right." She asks and I nodded.

"I'll go check on him." I said and she nodded running off.

"Hi. Woah, it's just me." I said as he raised his metal fist at me. "Hi, James." He sends me a look making me realize my mistake.
"Oops. Sorry, it's just that I've been calling you sergeant Barnes in my head and then I started calling you James. I'm sorry if you don't like that, I'll try to-"

"James is fine." He says sending me an amused smirk. "It's just a little bit weird since everyone calls me Bucky. You can call me James." He replied and I nodded.

"Okay, I just wanted to check on you and make sure T didn't cause you any damage because I know you didn't kill those people in Vienna. Oh my God, I'm talking so much, I have to go, I need to check up on everyone else including Steve and my dad, so bye." I said and turned around to go.

"Wait. I never got to say thank you." He said and I turned.

"You're welcome?" I replied.

"No, about HYDRA, if you hadn't saved Livia from those monsters, they might have- you know. And also for Bucharest. I'm also sorry she left you guys because of me." He says.

"It's fine. She had to help you. I understand, I would have done the same thing for dad. And I don't know if Liv told you this but I signed up as her legal guardian. I promise I didn't do it to take her away from you, it's just that, that asshole Ross wanted to take her away and I couldn't let that happen and I did the only thing I could do at the moment, and goodness, I'm doing it again." I rambled and gave him a sheepish smile.
"Sorry."

"It's fine. Uh, you should check up on others, I'm sure I can take care of myself." He replied and I nodded, giving him a finger salute before flying off.

I don't fly for long when I spotted my baby brother holding up a gangway. Barely.

"What- how on earth did you even? Don't worry, I don't wanna know." I said as I wrapped the gangway in a field of energy, lifting it and he crawls away from it.

"Oh my God Lis, it was awesome. I just had a fight with Captain America and I almost won. I went for his legs like Mr Stark asked me to and it totally worked." He rambled excitedly.

"Yeah, until he dropped a gangway on top of you. How would you have gotten out if I wasn't here?" I asked worriedly.

"I would have handled it Lis. You don't need to worry or get upset." He replied and I nodded.
"Besides, I'm stronger than you." He added making me scowl playfully.

"Yeah, keep dreaming. Now, go be a hero." I replied and he nodded before swinging off.

Pietro and Liv zooms to me, and he drops Liv in front of me.