14: Fade

"I'm sorry, it's just- I don't understand. Don't compare me with Stark! It's a thing with me. Stark is, he's a sickness!" We hear Ultron's mechanical voice complain.

"Ahh, Junior." I speak announcing our presence. "You're gonna break our old man's heart."

"If I have to." He replies as he turns around.

"We don't have to break anything." Thor says.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet." Ultron retorts.
Ahhhh! There's the Stark sarcasm.

"He beat me by one second." Dad comments.

"Ah, this is funny, Mr. Stark. It's what, comfortable? Like old times?" Pietro snides, gesturing towards the missiles, making me scowl.

"This was never his life." I defended, my hand glowing in response.

"You two can still walk away from this." Steve says snapping Wanda's eyes from my hands.

"Oh, we will." She says before locking eyes with me again, making raise my eyebrows in amusement. I could feel the low hum of energy radiating off the three of them.

"I know you've suffered." Steve calls out.

"Uuughh! Captain America. God's righteous man, pretending you could live without a war. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..." Ultron says making me furrow my eyebrows in wonder. He was just so ... Human.

"If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." Thor tries.

"I think you're confusing peace with quiet." Ultron retorts.

"Yuh-huh. What's the Vibranium for?" Dad asks.

"I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan--" he stops as he draws dad with a magnetic force towards him as other drones attack us.

Someone learnt from the movies. I thought as I fly up wrapping dad in a force field, pulling him away from my murderous brother.

The two of them go at it again and this time I let them. Throwing minimal blasts at the henchmen that started shooting at us.

A drone grabs me by the neck, from behind and I struggle against it. A clank echos in my ears and the drone lets go of me and drops on the floor. I send a grateful smile to him before finishing off the bot.

I take out the rest of the henchmen, one by one.

"Thor! Status?" Steve's voice asks as I twist a guys arm sending him into another one running towards us.

"The girl tried to warp my mind. Take special care, I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately, I am mighty." He says and I frown.

"Thor?" I called out.

"I'll check on-" Steve grunts making me grabbed the last guy pushing him into the crates.

"Steve?" I called out but nothing.

I feel intense energy behind me and I react sending a blast to them and the blur of silver, falls into the crates.
"Really?" I ask.

"You know if you weren't a Stark, I would have asked you on a date." He says.

"Well isn't that a good thing?" I muttered before flying towards Steve.

"Steve?" I called out as I landed beside him. He didn't respond to me. I grab his face, pulling the helmet off. He looks at me but right past me and I notice the red tinge in his eyes.

"I- un- re" he mumbles as I press my glowing fingers against his head. Maybe I could use my reality bending to clear it.

His eyes flash blue and he shakes his head in my hand.
"Peggy?" He asks before shaking his head again"Lisa?" He asks again, though he still looked like he was in a daze.