21: Accords

I put the plates back in their various cupboards. I visit frequently enough to know where everything is. We'd just finished eating the pasta we made and the leftovers were taken care off.

"It's almost three which means Peter would be home soon, which means you'll want to leave." Aunt May says with a sad look in her eyes.

"You know he can't meet me here." I replied as I wiped my hands with the dishcloth.

"Which I still don't understand why. He is your brother, Lisa. Don't you think he deserves to know he has a sister out there?" She asks and my chest tightens.

"He does. Which is why I'm scared. What if something happens to me just when he just got me back? What if I find myself in space, where time flows differently and I'm gone for only a few weeks and it's years on earth?" I ask. Even though I was scared, that might be just me, overstretching it.

"You know that's impossible." She says as she pushes her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"I'm just... scared I'll not be enough for him." I admitted. I know Peter knew he had a sister, he just didn't know she was alive and she was... me.

"Hey. I'm not going to push it. I know Peter loves you, that wouldn't change no matter what." She says and my phone pings on the table.

I moved towards the phone, picking it up. I see it's a message from Pietro.

Important meeting at the compound. Everyone is here. Where are you?(@_@;)

I'm a few minutes away. Is everything okay?

I don't know but I can cut the tension with a knife.乁( . ര ʖ̯ ര . )ㄏ

I'll be there soon.:-\

"Um, I have to get going, May. Something came up at the compound. I promise I'll try to talk to Peter soon. It might be sooner than you expect." I said as I grabbed my keys and jacket, placing a kiss on her cheek and running out the door.

"Drive safely." I heard her call out as I slammed the door and catching the elevator. Luckily for me, it was empty, I quickly shrug on the jacket heading outside to my bike.

I slip on the helmet, starting up the bike.
"Hello, Lisa." FRIDAY greets.

"Hey, FRIDAY. Do you know what's going on in the compound?" I ask.

"Boss hasn't given me permission to say." She replies and I scoff.

"Bitch."

Let's just say, FRIDAY and I don't get along the way JARVIS and I did. While JARVIS and I were best buds and he always had my back against dad, FRIDAY and I were like two jealous girlfriends fighting for dad's attention.

Dad had programmed her to support him against me at all times.  I got to the compound a few minutes later and everywhere was so quiet making me wonder what the hell was going on.

I drop my keys in the bowl DUM-E was carrying, patting his side before walking into the conference room to see everyone already seated.

"What is going on?" I ask as I walked further into the room.

"It's nice of you to join us, Miss Stark." A voice says behind me, making me tense up.