15: Family is Everything.

By the time the jet lands, my force field was already down. Though I still flinched when Clint passed in front of me.

Dad squats in front of me and I look away expecting him to fade away.
"Hey, smalls." He whispers.

"Y-y-you are not f-f-fading." I croaked out after staring at him for almost a minute.

"I'm not. I promise. Here." He puts his hand out and I shift, making him pause.

"No. I-i-i-f I touch you, you're gonna fade. I don't wanna hurt you." I mumbled as tears filled my eyes again and I wiped them angrily.

"You're not gonna hurt me. I promise." He says gently. "C'mon." He says, holding his hand out to me. Hesitantly, I reached out, swiping my finger tips against his hands. I pull back, expecting him to start fading but he doesn't.

I tried again this time, intwining our fingers and he's still here. I looked into his eyes, no twinge of red and no white taking over his brown.
"Dad?" I called out.

"Yeah. It's me smalls. I'm not going anywhere." He says as he kneels in front of me. My emotions gets the best of me and I push myself into his arms.
"It's okay. I'm here. I'm never going to leave you." He mutters as he holds me.

"Promise?" I asked.

"I promise." He replies, placing a kiss to my hair.

▪️▪️▪️

Dad and I meet up with the rest of the crew and we entered the building. The place was warm and homely, relaxing my tense posture.

"Honey, I'm home." Clint calls out and I know the rest of the team are confused.

A heavily pregnant Laura, walks in, holding the kids' art.

"Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead." He mumbles in apology.

"Hey." She replies before pulling his head down to kiss him and I avert my gaze.

My eyes catch Steve's confused ones and he raises his eyebrows in question and I shrug.

"This is an agent of some kind." Dad says grabbing my hand.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura." Clint introduced.

"I know all your names." She says awkwardly and I send her a comforting smile.

"Ooh, incoming." He says, turning around as thundering footsteps approaches. Two adorable kids run in, hugging their dad. Clint picks up the girl, kissing the top of his son's head, like dad still does to me.

"These are...smaller agents. Did you know about this?" Dad asks me.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." I rasped, my voice still croaky.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" Lila- if I remember correctly, asks her dad.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Nat says from behind me and the girl runs past us, right into Nat's arms.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve says from beside me.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Dad says, sending a pointed look to Clint.

"Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low." Clint explains.

Nat drops the girl and she runs towards me.

"You're the girl from the phone. Can you do the magic?" She says and I bend down in front of her, holding my hand out in front of me. I let wisps of energy flow through my fingers and she gasps in awe.