Chapter 15 - July 30th, 2000

Anna shyly walks into Valentine's Diner. She's always been in an introvert and doesn't like public places. 'Good morning, Anna,' Valentine greets her with his warm and comforting smile. She could see why Mary fell in love with this kind man. 'Good morning,' Anna says with a little smile taking a seat at the counter. 'A coffee or a cup of tea? Breakfast?' Valentine asks, ready to write down her order. 'Eggs Benedict and a cup of coffee,' Anna says. 'Coming right up,' Valentine smiles and puts the order in the kitchen where Howard is cooking. '

'How's your morning going?' Valentine asks making coffee. 'So far so good. Thomas and Sookie are looking for an apartment,' Anna says taking the cup of coffee Valentine hands over. 'That's right, Paul told me about that.' It's silent for a moment. 'What do you think of our sons moving in together?' Anna asks quietly. She doesn't know if Valentine knows they are a couple. 'They clearly love each other, they always have. I think it's great,' Valentine smiles. 'So he told you?' Anna asks surprised. 'No,' Valentine says giving someone his change back. 'I have these things called eyes,' Valentine says handing over Anna's eggs. 'Thanks.'

'He's happier you know, now Thomas is back,' Valentine says waving a costumer goodbye. 'Thomas seems happier too. But over the last year I thought Sookie and Paul were going to end up together,' Anna smiles. 'Maybe, if Thomas didn't come back. I always think about Sookie and Paul as you and me.' 'You do?' Anna laughs. 'Yes! Friends for life, platonic soulmates. We have this unbreakable kind of love for each other like Paul and Sookie have. But it's strictly friendly and platonic.' 'I guess that's true,' Anna smiles and starts eating before her food gets cold.