Chapter 65 - June 25th, 2008

'Okay, is everyone ready?' Sookie asks Sam, Ben and Lily who's holding Mr. Socks. They nod. 'Okay, I'm opening the doors for our first ever guests. Take a moment to let it sink in,' Sookie says talking to the door. 'Just remember to breathe,' Samuel kindly says. 'I will, thanks,' Sookie says and opens the door. She's greeted by a friendly couple. 'Hi! Welcome to Juniper-Anne,' Sookie smiles and klicks the door in place. 'It looks lovely!' The couple says. 'If you'll follow me, we'll register your visit at the reception.'

Sookie registers Mr. and Mrs. Whitlock. As Ben guides them to their room after they received a key and some information, another guest arrives. 'Hi, I made a reservation,' the lady says with a funny accent she recognises from somewhere. 'Of course, under what name?' 'Freya Sv-... Sanderson,' Freya says - lies? 'Oh, I only see a Freya Peterson,' Sookie says a little disappointed. 'Oh, yes! That's my maiden's name, ha I forgot,' Freya nervously chuckles. 'Those things can happen,' Sookie politely says.

'So, you'll be staying for two nights, correct?' Freya nods. 'Okay, you'll be in room number seven. Sam will take you to your room,' Sookie smiles friendly. 'Actually, would you mind doing that?' Freya asks. 'Oh, err. Okay?' Sookie says and looks over at Sam who is already making his way to the reception. 'I'll take over for a minute,' he says. 'Okay then. You can follow me, Mrs. Sanderson slash Peterson,' Sookie jokes. Freya looks a little confused. 'I'm sorry I was joking because of your names- Never mind,' Sookie apologises.

'Mommy, can I come with you?' Lily asks running after her mother. Sookie wants to decline. 'Of course, she can,' Freya says and smiles at the little girl. Lily makes a happy noise and leads the way. 'So, where is her father?' Freya asks. 'Oh, he err... He's not here,' Sookie says sadly and a little shocked by the question. 'I'm sorry, did he pass away?' Freya asks, damn well knowing who the father is. She's the spitting image of her father. 'No, no, he did not. We met and parted ways. He'd promise to visit me, but he never did. I couldn't tell him he was having a daughter,' Sookie sadly says. Freya feels bad for her and Erik. 'I'm sorry to hear that,' Freya says and gently strokes her arm. 'It's okay. With that bundle of joy running around, you can hardly be sad,' Sookie smiles.

They make a halt in front of the door where Lily is waiting. 'This is your room. You are lucky, you have an ocean view,' Sookie smiles. 'Thank you very much,' Freya says. 'Enjoy your steak!' Lily shouts. 'Enjoy your stay,' Sookie corrects as Freya starts laughing. 'Thank you,' Freya says and looks out of the window. She's mad at her husband for making his brother stay in Sweden. The way Erik talked about Sookie, made her want to meet this woman. And Erik was right, she is perfect for him. Lars thinks she is on a business trip to Canada.

Lily runs back to the room. 'I'm sorry, I dropped my favourite rock,' Lily says shyly. 'That's okay, I'll help you look.' Freya and Lily search the ground. 'What was your name again?' Freya asks curiously. 'Lily.' 'And your last name?' 'Svenson-Hanlin. Mommy is teaching me how to spell it,' Lily says crawling under the bed. 'I found it,' Lily says and holds up a rock. 'That's a pretty one,' Freya says. 'I know,' Lily says and runs out of the room.

Later that day, Samuel and Sookie serve dinner as Ben cleans the sitting area. 'It smells amazing,' Mrs. Whitlock says. 'Thank you,' Sam smiles. 'Enjoy,' Sam says before leaving and going back into the kitchen. Sookie wants to go away as Freya speaks up. 'Why don't you have a seat?' 'Oh, well, that's not really my place,' Sookie politely declines. 'Please do sit, we want to hear about this place some more,' Mr. Whitlock nods. Sookie takes a seat across Freya.

'What made you name the place Juniper-Anne?' Mrs. Whitlock asks. 'That's a great story! Before I bought this, two women ran this hotel. Their names were Juniper and Anne. And to honour them I named it Juniper-Anne.' 'That's a beautiful story.' 'Were they lovers?' Mrs. Whitlock asks with a giggle. Sookie smiles. 'From the diaries found in the basement, they were.' Mrs. Whitlock smiles happily.

They eat and talk some more. Freya stands up. 'I'm a little tired,' she excuses herself and goes upstairs. She goes to the top floor, the private floor. She wanders the halls, looking inside rooms. A little girl's room, another room and a room that is styled like Sookie's clothes. Freya enters Sookie's room curiously. One a wall, there are pictures of Sookie and Lily. There are also pictures with Ben and Sam, with two girls, a young man that looks like Sookie... but none of Erik.

Freya walks around the room, looking, until the floor creaks. She looks down and notices a loose plank. She takes it out of the floor and sees a box with Greek art. She carefully takes the box, trying to be quiet. Freya opens it and looks at the stuff inside. There are letters from a Thomas, a pacifier, a shell, and a folded picture with a date written on the back. 13-07-2003. Freya takes the picture and unfolds it. She sees a younger version of Sookie being kissed on the cheek by a younger Erik.

'What are you doing here?' Sookie asks surprised. 'Nothing, I... I...' Freya stutters. 'Where you stealing?' Sookie asks offended. 'No, I was...' Freya says. 'Ma'am, I want you to leave the first thing in the morning,' Sookie says harshly as she takes the picture out of Freya's hand. 'Yes, I'm sorry,' Freya says and walks out of the room, almost crying. Sookie looks at the picture in her hands and closes the door behind her. She lets out her tears as she hugs the picture and takes the shell.

There's a little knock on the door. 'Mommy?' Lily asks. Sookie abruptly puts everything away. 'Yes?' Lily opens the door and walks inside the room as Sookie wipes away her tears. 'Why are you crying?' Lily asks as she hugs her mom. 'I stumped my toe on the way upstairs,' Sookie lies. 'That hurts,' Lily says in a whisper. 'It does.'

In her room, Freya is writing a letter.

Dear Sookie

I am sorry I invaded your privacy, but I can explain. I am Lars Svenson's wife, Erik's brother's wife. Erik told me a lot about you. I wanted to meet you, I wanted to meet the woman that stole my little brother-in-law's heart.

I am telling my husband he has to let his brother go. Erik needs to be here with you and Lily. She's such a beautiful girl and she deserves to know her father. You can always contact me if you want Erik's information. I'll write my email address below.

I am happy I met you. I won't tell Erik about our meeting. I do not want to interfere. If you want to contact us, you can. And if you don't, I still won't tell Erik.

Hope this finds you well.

Freya Svenson

After she packed her bag, she leaves the letter at the reception. The door closes hardly behind her, the wind blows the letter on the ground.