Chapter 31 - September 7th, 2001

'I wonder who our roommate is,' Maia says excited hooking her arm into Clara's. Clara smiles at Maia and nods. Clara was surprised that Maia acted like nothing happened. She figured Sookie didn't tell her, so she just went with it and be the friend she always was. 'I'm curious too,' Clara eventually says. Giggling they walk into their dorm.

When entering their dorm, a strong young man with the perfect hair - and smile - turns around holding a few boxes. 'Hi! I'm Caleb, Lauren's brother,' the young man smiles. 'Hi,' Maia and Clara say. 'My sister is getting another box, but we don't know where to put everything,' Caleb says, smiling at Maia. 'Well, here's the spare room, that's hers,' Maia says and opens the door to the empty room.

'Awesome,' Caleb says and puts the box in the room. 'So what's your name?' Caleb asks Maia, completely ignoring Clara. 'Maia, have you seen my keys?' Mateo asks entering the dorm. 'They're probably in my room,' Maia says. Mateo walks past Caleb, nodding politely, to Maia's room. 'So, Maia, huh?' Caleb asks with a smirk.

Mateo hears the flirty sound of that sentence and sticks his head out of the door. 'Try that with someone else, she's my girlfriend,' Mateo says. 'Oh, I'm sorry man, I didn't realise,' Caleb apologies. 'It's fine,' Maia says and helps Mateo find his keys.

Caleb looks at Clara, who's been silent the whole time. 'So, you're studying here too?' Clara eventually asks. 'Yeah, it's my last year, engineer' Caleb smiles. 'And yours?' 'Third year, two to go, law,' Clara smiles. 'Nice, you're smart then,' Caleb says. 'Yeah, I guess you are too?' Clara smiles. 'Oh, finally! I was lost!' A girl with red hair says relieved, walking into the room.

'Hi, I'm Lauren, this asshole's sister,' the girl says, extending her hand to Clara. 'Clara, Maia's in her room,' Clara says shaking Lauren's hand. 'Hi!' Maia says exiting her room. They all great each other. Maia's introducing Mateo when Caleb decides to leave.