Chapter 41 - August 12th, 2002

'I'm excited to meet your parents,' Caleb says to Clara and gives her a kiss on her cheek. Clara smiles. 'Me too,' she says and rings the bell. Levi Mason opens the door. He greets his daughter with a hug and then looks at the young man standing next to her. 'Levi,' he says and shakes Caleb's hand. 'Caleb.'

They make their way to the living room where Olivia is waiting with some snacks. She's nervous meeting Clara's boyfriend, Clara never introduced anyone to her parents before. 'Hi, mom,' Clara says and hugs her mother. 'Hi, darling,' Olivia says. She looks at the handsome young man standing behind her daughter. 'You must be Caleb,' Olivia says and gives the young man a hug. 'It's so nice to meet you!' 'It's nice to meet you too,' Caleb says a little overwhelmed by the enthusiasm.

Olivia serves some appetizers as she and Levi get to know their new son-in-law. The evening goes by fast. Olivia and Levi love Caleb. Clara smiles when they talk to him. After dessert Olivia and Clara put the dishes in the dishwasher. 'Do you think he's the one?' Olivia asks her daughter. 'I think so,' Clara shyly smiles. 'Does he know you like girls too?' Olivia carefully asks. 'Mom!' Clara says surprised. 'You know?!' She then asks surprised. 'Of course I know, I am your mother,' Olivia says and closes the dishwasher.

'So does he know?' 'No,' Clara sighs. 'Shouldn't you tell him?' 'I'll tell hem when I need to,' Clara says a little irritated. 'You have to tell him when Sookie gets back.' 'What does Sookie have to do with this?' 'She was your girlfriend, Clara,' Olivia says a bit disappointed in her daughter's reaction. Clara looks at her mother, surprised. 'Darling, I have eyes,' Olivia says and lays a hand on her daughter's cheeck. 'So, I'll ask you again. Do you think he's the one?' Clara is quiet for a moment. 'He is.' 'Good, because earlier when you where to the restroom, he asked your father if he could marry you,' Olivia says and walks out of the kitchen.

Clara rejoins her parents and Caleb. 'Are you ready to go home?' Caleb asks with the sweetest smile. 'Yes,' Clara says and smiles back at him. Clara thinks she can make it work and love this man like he loves her.