Chapter 50 - January 23rd, 2004

Sookie's eyes open. Before she can think, her legs run her to the batroom where she kneels before the toilet. All the food she consumed yesterday, she vomits. 'Honey, are you okay?' Anna asks worried entering the bathroom. 'No, I just vomitted,' Sookie says and sits back. Anna hands her a towel to wipe her mouth with. 'Thanks,' Sookie says and wipes her hair out of her face.

Anna sits next to her daughter. 'What are you doing?' Sookie asks with a frown. 'Having the talk with you,' Anna says seriously. 'What talk?' Sookie asks confused. 'Honey, you've been vomiting every morning for more than a week, sometimes in the evenings too.' 'I have the flue,' Sookie says and leans against the wall. 'Honey,' Anna says and lays a hand on her daughters cheeck. 'What are you saying?' Sookie asks. 'I think it's time we went to the store for a pregnancy test and make an appointment with the doctor,' Anna says with a sad crooked smile.

'No,' Sookie says and stand up. 'I'm not pregnant,' Sookie denies. 'Are you sure? When was the last time you had your period?' Sookie is silent for a moment. Before she can say anything, she's vomiting again. Anna holds her daughter's hair out of her face and gently strokes her back. 'Fine,' Sookie eventually agrees. 'I'll take a test.'

While Sookie showers and gets dressed, Anna buys a pregnancy test. When she comes home, Sookie is taking a nap on the couch. 'Sookie,' Anna gently says, trying to wake up her daughter. Sookie wakes up and looks at her mother. 'Do you want me to be in there with you? Or do you want me to leave?' Anna asks. 'The first one,' Sookie says and takes the test. They make their way to the bathroom.

Sookie stares at her watch, nervously. 'What happened with Erik?' Anna asks to break the silence. 'We both went home,' Sookie says. 'Do you know how to reach him?' Anna asks taking a look at the positive test. 'No, but he knows how to find me. He promised to visit me. Why?' Sookie says. 'Because he's going to be a father and he doens't know,' Anna says with a sad smile. Sookie looks at her mother in fear. 'No!' She says and takes the test to see for herself. 'No, no, no, no,' she repeats over and over, starting to cry. 'Oh, honey,' Anna starts crying too and hugs her daughter. 'No,' Sookie repeats one last time and starts crying uncontrollably.