Chapter 48 - December 23rd, 2003

Sookie takes a deep breath before ringing the bell to Thomas's and Paul's apartment. The door swings open and her brother looks at her in shock. The glass of water he was holding, falls on the ground. 'Oh my god!' He shouts hand hugs his sister. 'What's wrong?! I did hear something break? Is it a burgler?' Paul asks and comes running. He looks as surprised as Tom was. 'Hi,' Sookie says a little embarrased.

Thomas lets his sister go and looks at her a little angry. 'Was it so hard to answer any of my letters?!' He shouts. Paul looks a little sad and smiles shortly at his friend before returning to the kitchen. 'You have been gone for two years! And you don't bother to call of write back!' 'I'm sorry,' Sookie says on the edge of crying. Thomas sighs and looks at his sister. 'I'm sorry too,' he then calmly says and hugs his sister again.

'I'm glad you are back. Does mom know?' He says and lets his sister in before closing the front door again. 'No, I'm staying at a hotel. I would appreciate it if you didn't tell her,' Sookie says and walks in the apartment. 'We are a family who keeps there promises,' Thomas says in agreement. 'Okay, now it's time for my hug!' Paul says and bearhugs his best friend. 'I missed you too, Paul,' Sookie smiles and hugs her friend back.

'Papa?' Little Ophelia asks. Paul and Sookie turn around to see the little blonde girl with big brown eyes. 'Little O!' Sookie says happily. 'Auntie Soo?' Ophelia asks suprised. They both smile and give each other a big hug. Sookie picks up her niece and hugs her again. 'Auntie Soo?' 'Yes, little O?' 'Did you bring candy?' Ophelia asks a little shyly. 'O, what did we say about eating candy?' Thomas asks with a raised eyebrow. 'Please?' Ophelia asks pouting. 'Tom, let her have this,' Paul says and leans his head against his fiancé's shoulder. Sookie smiles at the couple. 'I do have candy.'