Chapter 52 - February 4th, 2004

Sookie walks into Valentine's Diner. 'Hello, Sookie. How are you?' Val asks with the biggest and friendliest smile. 'I err... Can I talk to you for a minute?' 'Sure! We'll go to the living room for a few moments. Sookie and Valentine go to the living room above the diner. Sookie pets the cats as she takes a seat. 'So, what did you want to talk about?' Valentine asks as Donut crawls on his lap. 'Can I work here?' Sookie asks and looks at the man. 'Of course, you can!' Valentine says happily.

Sookie pets Nacho. 'Can I also work here when I'm expecting?' 'Expecting what, my dear?' Valentine asks confused. 'I'm pregnant, Val,' Sookie says holding back her tears. 'Are you happy with it or not? Because I don't know how to react right now,' Valentine says and takes Sookie's hand. 'I am happy with it,' Sookie smiles. 'Oh, that's wonderful!' Valentine says and hugs her. 'If you need anything else I can help with, just say so my dear,' Valentine says and kisses Sookie's forehead. 'Thank you.'

'You better get yourself an apron if you want to work here,' Valentine laughs as he gets up. 'You can start tomorrow,' he smiles and goes back to the diner. Sookie nods and pets Nacho and Donut for a while. 'So, Nacho how was it with me gone?' Sookie whispers to the old cat. Nacho meows and starts purring. Donut starts making biscuits on the couch.