Chapter 67 - December 27th, 2008

The doorbell rings and Ophelia rushes to the door. She is greeted by Owen and his mom. They are on a vacation and staying in Sookie's little hotel. They are now picking up Ophelia to go to the zoo. Thomas joins the Li's and his daughter. 'Thank you for taking her with you,' Thomas says as he gives Ophelia her coat, mittens, hat, scarf, and backpack. 'It's no problem!' Jenny says with a big smile.

'I really like this neighbourhood!' Jenny says after a silence. 'It's really nice! And close to my sister and mom,' Thomas smiles. Jenny nods. 'She has a really beautiful hotel, your sister. Ben loves working there!' 'It is.' 'I'm ready!' Ophelia says all dressed for cold weather. 'I'm excited about the lions!' Owen says and so the children start a conversation about the zoo. 'I'll bring her back this evening, after dinner,' Jenny says. 'That's great, thank you!' Thomas says and then they leave.

Thomas closes the door and starts preparing for the day. He cooks a three-course meal. His mother made dessert, he's not very good at that. After a few hours Thomas looks at the clock. Paul is almost home. Tom is proud of him. Paul has his own pharmacy on the next block. He deserves a perfect meal with candles and everything romantic.

The front door falls shut, and Thomas rushes to the hallway. 'What's up with you?' Paul asks with a raised eyebrow hanging his coat on the coatrack. 'Nothing,' Thomas says with a smirk. 'Where's O?' Paul asks as he takes of his shoes. 'With Owen, I told you,' Thomas says still standing in the doorway. 'Oh, right,' Paul smiles and then kisses his fiancé. 'So, I actually have a surprise early dinner for you,' Thomas says, fixing Paul's collar. 'Oh, really?' Thomas hums as an answer.

'But you have to wait, my time management is really bad, and I haven't set the table yet,' Thomas says with a nervous chuckle.